?? too much protein??

Options
Hi Everyone
I joined yesterday and done my 1st food diary.
I didnt use all my allowed calories but went way over on the amount of protein, by 35.
Can anyone give me any infomation on protein and how it affects the diet/body.
:smile: :smile:
Thank you x

Replies

• sharondaley
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I didnt use all my allowed calories but went way over on the amount of protein, by 35.
    Thank you x
  • ladyd48337
    ladyd48337 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thank you x

Same with me! I was brand new yesterday. I am under on all of the other things except the protein, which I was 14 over on.
  • sarahbell
    Options
    Protein is actually good for you. I am not saying that you should follow a strictly high protein diet but protein has been proven to supress your appetite and make you feel fuller longer. I don't know how you set up your calorie, fat and carbohydrate settings but you can change them. I have mine set to follw the Zone diets theory of 40-30-30 which is 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein.
  • lor040988
    Options
    i have the opposite problem i don't seem to reach my protein targets does anybody know what foods have a lot of protein in that aren't particularly eggy or meaty i'm a bit of a fussy eater :blushing:
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I seem to always be WAY UNDER on my protein! I would like to have more protein in my diet, can you tell me what you guys are eating to have such high protein intake???? :noway:
  • sharondaley
    Options
    My protein intake was made up of
    100g tinned tuna = 24
    1 egg poached = 6
    Chicken breast = 33
    white rice = 4
    1 slice bread = 2
    macoroni = 9
    lettace = 1
    So I guess if you dont like meat or eggs then fish seems to be an option thats worth looking at.