shopwell.com very interesting website

Options
on http://www.shopwell.com/ you can set up your profile, what you want to focus on nutrition wise, allergies, health conditions... and then it rates products according to your individual profile. you also can create shopping lists.

e.g. margarine comparison: http://www.shopwell.com/search?q=margarine&max=30&sortBy=fit&sortDir=desc
every product gets a score from 100 (very good for you) to 1 (very bad for you) and when you click on a product it tells you why. what product features are good and what bad. it even highlights the nutrition table according to your profile. if you said you want to stay low sodium, it will highlight high sodium and rate the product lower, because you said so.

they also have a mobile app (i have to check if for android too)
> Barcode scanning for fast product lookup
> Personalized scores and info
> Suggested alternatives while at the grocery store

i just stumbled across, but it looks very promising!

check it out!

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    It's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    thanks for the suggestion! i am definitely going to check it out!
  • bwitlin
    bwitlin Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone. This is Brian, ShopWell CEO. Thanks so much for the kind words. We are super psyched that all you myfitnesspal peeps like ShopWell. We have been working hard on trying to create a personalized nutrition tool to truly help people understand and find the best foods for them. Feel free to email me: brian (at) shopwell (dot) com if you have any questions or comments. We are always trying to make ShopWell better. Thanks again!

BTW..I am just trying out Fitness Pal right now. Looking forward to seeing results!

BW
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hi brian!

i remember seeing on TV years ago (and i don't know if it was US, canadian or german TV) a report about plans to introduce a system like this on product packaging for an easier shopping experience. is your website related or just inspired by this discussion?

since it's beta i understand that many products are still missing. i wasn't too successful finding canadian products, but i'm exited about the idea to use my phone in a store and make decision on site! speaking of that, i would love an android app!

good luck with that!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    just signed up! i'm super excited to try it out.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    great site thanks for sharing i cant wait to make a grocery list now. lol