CANT BELIEVE THIS WEBSITE AND ITS FREE

Options
Hello to my new friends
My name is Ana from Rhode Island, I was a weight watchers addict and by accident found this website and ITS BETTER THAN WEIGHT WATCHERS IM SO EXCITED SO FLIPPING EXCITED LOVING IT LOVING IT I RATHER TO COUNT CALORIES THAN POINT for some reason i was not loosing any weight with weight watcher so I decide to change strategy and count calories and my points at the same time and thats when I start seeing results was frustated because i was doing double work, after 40+ is hard too loose weight but not impossible so im very amaze about this website and the best ITS FREE BABY ITS FREE

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    WELCOME!!! You will love it here! Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck to you!
  • isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    I love the fact that its free as well! I was going to join weight watchers until I stumbled upon this website! Welcome!!!
  • dawn2
    dawn2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree Ana, I was on WW on line and the idea of converting calories, fat, fibre etc in points just adds an extra layer of work and complication. I love this site also and CANNOT believe it is free! YAY!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love this site. I have tried to lose weight for the last 5 years or so. I have finally had success since joining. It makes it easy and the support is fabulous!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more! I absolutely LOVE this site and so glad a friend asked me to join it with her. Awesome, awesome people on here and I wouldn't trade them for the world! Good luck to ALL of you, with your weight loss efforts as well. Stay blessed! ~smile
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too could not lose weight on weight watchers. Then I found this website and discovered that I was eating WAY WAY too many carbs on WW. (I am a diabetic and carbs are very important to count!) So anyway, have been here since 1/10 and have lost 61lbs. Welcome!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I love this site too! I tell everyone who will listen about it. I wish you luck and it IS possible to lose weight quite succesfully when you are over 40 (I am older than you! lol)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Lots of support and motivation here. Good luck on your weight loss journey, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me too. I'm also a seasoned WW member and I'm enjoying this way more. There seems to be more support here than at the WW meetings. Good Luck!!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will love MFP. :smile:
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have done weight watchers a couple of times, lost 5 to 10 pounds or so and then I can't make a meeting for some reason and I hated to pay for meetings I missed! So far I love this site too! No writing in a food journal by hand..its awesome.

I am just starting on this journey with MFP..so I would welcome a new friendship too! Feel free to "friend" me!

Jeannie
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I, too, tried WW and I DID have success but in the end counting calories is so much easier for me than constantly having to calculate points! :D My roommate showed me MFP not long after I decided to lose weight with her and it's been a phenomenal thing, both the community and the results!
  • rinangel
    rinangel Posts: 35
    Options
    yes welcome!
    I was once a Daily plate user...(another online tracking site) and left them because they were too impersonal and it was getting way too commercialized for my taste, I like things simple. Went searching and found this gem! I love it here and I know you will too. Counting calories is not only easier than points, but it helps to educate yourself about yourself...it did it for me, and in the end that's the best for you! You are on a "life style change" NOT a "diet"!! So yeah for you!! :flowerforyou: