oven roasted chickpeas

Options
corgant715
corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
:flowerforyou: Does anyone have a favortie recipe for a seasoned oven roasted chickpea? I had heard that these are wonderful to snack on and it has made my curious as to the number of combinations out there along with their nutritional values. Would be greatful if anyone can share these with me. Thanks.

Replies

• jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    BUMP!
    Definately would be interested aswell
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe as such... I just take 2 cans of chickpeas, you need to try and drain and dry them off as much as you can first, apparently it helps them get crispy. I heat up some olive oil in an oven tray in a hot oven (fan bake is best as it helps them crisp) then add the chickpeas with some cajun seasoning. I just roast them until they're getting brown and crispy. They're really tasty, and they're not bad the next day or so but best the day you've made them as they don't retain their crunch. I couldn't tell you the nutritional info off-hand but if you put it into MFP as a recipe it shouldn't be hard to work out. :)
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    This recipe has been sitting on my counter for a few weeks, patiently waiting its turn:

Note: I have never made this recipe, so i don't know what tweaks could/should be made... If you do make some, please post back with tweaks that you think work :)

:devil: Spicy Crunchy Chickpeas :devil:

2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp allspice
    1 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2 15oz cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained, thoroughly patted dry

for added heat: add a generous pinch of chili or cayenne powder with the spice mixture.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, salt and pepper. Add chickpeas and toss to coat throroughly. Turn chickepeas out onto baking sheet and roast, stirring or shaking baking sheet often, until chickpeas are browned and crunchy, 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool before serving, stirring occasionally.

** Per Serving (1/4 cup): 120 calories, 5g fat (0 sat), 0mg Chol., 536mg Sod. 15g Carb, 4g Fiber, 4g Pro

** note: this is the nutritional analysis printed with the recipe. I would double-check the calculations with the specific ingredients/quantities that you use. Because i have not yet made this recipe, i don't know what tweaks/cutbacks could be made without sacrificing taste.
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I bookmarked this page awhile ago, it's a link to 15 different flavor profiles for roasted chickpeas. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/15-more-ways-to-flavor-roasted-chikpeas-106112
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    My recipe is very similar.

Drain and rinse , pat dry can of chickpeas
    toss with olive oil, curry,cumin,garlic salt and onion powder,and a lil cayenne or chili powder

Bake at 400 for 45-50 min

Awesome
  • corgant715
    corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks-I'm heading to the store today to give these puppies a try? LOL! I can't wait
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bumping for later- thanks for sharing!