Any recipes for lasagna?

Options
misskimlilac
misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
Looking for lasagna recipes using ground turkey. I have only ever made lasagna once and it would have been off the chart with fats, cals, sodium,carbs.....Do any of you have a healthy recipe that tastes good (I have to feed my family too)?

Replies

• ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump
  • kareokemom5
    Options
    Try Cooking Light Magazine. I got a mag in the mail yesterday and it has a few lasagna recipes in it. You may check their website.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use the quick & easy way - I don't do the layering. In fact, we had it today for lunch & it's about 400 calories per serving. Take penne pasta (or any type for that matter) - I used Ronzoni Garden Delight (has an extra serving of veggies in it) and cook it - spread it out on the bottom of a 9x13. Brown about a pound of your meat (I used venison but have used ground turkey, chicken & pork at different times) and spread it over the pasta. Then open a jar of spaghetti sauce, spread it over the top of the meat & pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top & heat at 350 for about 15 minutes or until heated through. I add a little parmesan after it comes out but my entire family loves this recipe. 9x13 makes about 12 servings.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I use the quick & easy way - I don't do the layering. In fact, we had it today for lunch & it's about 400 calories per serving. Take penne pasta (or any type for that matter) - I used Ronzoni Garden Delight (has an extra serving of veggies in it) and cook it - spread it out on the bottom of a 9x13. Brown about a pound of your meat (I used venison but have used ground turkey, chicken & pork at different times) and spread it over the pasta. Then open a jar of spaghetti sauce, spread it over the top of the meat & pasta. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top & heat at 350 for about 15 minutes or until heated through. I add a little parmesan after it comes out but my entire family loves this recipe. 9x13 makes about 12 servings.

Sounds yummy. Will have to try this one out. Thanks.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Actually this sounds perfect for a work night, pretty easy! Thanks for the suggestion and friend invite :)
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/recipes/vegan-tofu-spinach-lasagna

There's no turkey in that one, tofu instead, but I assure you it is amazzzzzing tasting and just as super quick and easy as it is healthy. It's one of my go-to recipes when cooking for meat-eaters because the tofu/spinach blend is so delicious (like ricotta) that they don't even notice it's vegan. We often make just half of the recipe, but when we do make the whole thing, leftovers are delicious.
  • GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms Recipe Crumbles (found in the frozen foods where the Soy Burgers etc are located) will give any dish that is strongly flavored (chili, spaghetti, any Italian, really, etc.) a far better nutritional profile and no one will come up to You and ask if it's "real" meat in the recipe.

As for the tofu mentioned, a trick with tofu is to cut it up (extra firm is the best choice tho' is a bit higher in some nutrition components than firm) and freeze it for some days, or a week, or more. The ice crystals formed by the liquid in the Tofu being frozen, when thawed and drained, change the texture of the tofu, giving it a far more chewy feel in your mouth.

Stay with it!
    gyps
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just posted a Mexican Lasagna on my daily cooking blog a week ago! It was really good and gobbled up by the family! It was with ground beef but you certainly can use ground turkey. My cooking blog can be found by going to www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TracieJ65 and like I said I think it was 7-8 days ago.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    My fiance makes amazing lasagna using:
    - no boil lasagna noodles
    - non-fat cottage cheese
    - part skim mozzarella
    - mushrooms
    - spinach
    - no-sodium pasta sauce
    - an egg
    - spices
    - bread crumbs - on top

We mix the ingredients and layer them in a baking sheet. It's really light and not too fatty, b/c we use nonfat cottage cheese and part skim mozzarella. Also, there's not much sodium, b/c you can find low-sodium pasta sauce that's great to make lasagna with. It's an easy recipe, and a healthier alternative for the traditional lasagna.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this out yet, but I heard you could use zucchini (sp?) "noodles" by slicing the zucchini into lengthwise strips with a veggie peeler or mandolin. This would save a lot of calories.
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Turkey Lasagna Rolls

Servings: Makes 8 main-dish servings.
    Prep: 50 mins
    Total: 1 hr 25 mins

8 ounces ground raw turkey
    1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 cup water
    1 7-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
    1 6-ounce can tomato paste
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
    1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
    8 packaged dried lasagna noodles
    1 beaten egg
    1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese
    1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)

1. For sauce, in a large skillet cook turkey, onion, and garlic until turkey is brown; drain fat. Stir in mushrooms, water, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and basil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.2. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain again.3. For filling, in a mixing bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.4. Spread about 1/2 cup of the filling on each lasagna noodle. Starting from a narrow end, roll up each lasagna noodle. Place lasagna rolls in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour sauce over lasagna rolls. Cover dish with foil.5. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes

Calories 345, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 511 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 26 g.