New gal ready to LOSE...=/ hopefully!

Options
Hey everyone.

I am new to the site as of today. I am planning on starting the exercise and calorie counting tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up but I'm pretty nervous. I have a real struggle with self esteem and self control when it comes to food. Eeeeek!

Good luck to everyone on the site, I hope you all reach your goals! :)

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place and I'm sure you will love it :)
    I am sending a friend request your way!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I am new to the site as of today. I am planning on starting the exercise and calorie counting tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up but I'm pretty nervous. I have a real struggle with self esteem and self control when it comes to food. Eeeeek!

Good luck! Self control, I've found, is an acquired skill... and I'm willing to learn :) It may not be an overnight change but it's definitely worth it.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: This is a great site and the people here are great too! Trust me you can do this. This isn't a diet it's a life style change. Good luck and feel free to add me. I think the people and support they give are as important as counting the calories! :heart:
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I definitely struggle with self control. Tracking my food is pretty much the only way I can successfully lose weight. If I try to just estimate and track in my head, it's a no-go; in almost every instance, I end up over-eating. I'm hoping that by the time I reach my goal weight, I'll have acquired the skill of self control. I certainly don't want to have to input my food every day, for the rest of my life! :smile:

Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goal, and that your self esteem skyrockets!
  • caboeyes
    caboeyes Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome Mrs. Leo! Check your ego at the door cuz we are all in this together and we all have our own issues with food. No matter what your particular issues are, you'll find help and support here.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Lots of motivation and support here. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support.
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    This site is amazing! If you are ready to jump into it, you can achieve anything! I have had so much success and my main tool was this calorie tracker. Good luck!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:

This is a really great site and lots and lots of people who will support you and help you feel motivated. Just keep checking in and surfing the forum posts, request friends when you like. Just make it work for you and it will!

Add me as a friend if you'd like, I'd be glad to cheer you on!

Julia
    :heart:
  • mrsleo2009
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe the outpouring of support I received already, literally brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all so so so much!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Hi! Self control seems to be easier if you eat snacks during the day. I usually eat 3 small meals and 3 snacks like fruit or yogurt during the day.

Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just sent a friend request. It makes such a big difference to have people who cheer you on and to whom you are accountable. I just love MFP and you will, too! Success is just around thre corner...you can do it!
  • getfitgirl1
    Options
    good luck! after today i will have completed my first week. i didn't stay under my calorie goal very many days, BUT it's better than i would've done without this program! i just try to think of it as day by day - not week by week!
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this site - everyone is generally very friendly and will help you along your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like... :)
  • Chanellie
    Chanellie Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome!!!! MFP will help you very much! We're here for support! Good luck!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a friend request simply because you sound so much like I did when I first began this again in January. What's made the difference is the accountability I feel towards the calorie and exercise tracker in addition to my MFPs who are doing so wonderfully themselves.

Welcome. This is a very very good place!