strength training and calories

Options
When I add my strength training, why doesn't it calculate calories burend?

Replies

• AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Add it in "cardiovascular" instead.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    i dont know why it doesnt work under strength training but there is an option in cardio called strength training which will do the calories for you
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    log it under cardiovascular by searching for "strength training" or "weight lifting" it's very general but it will at least get some calories logged in
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    It won't under strength training when you put your reps and set. But you can go under Cardio and search Strength Training and it will calculate your calories burned.
    Kim
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use the strength training option under cardio. It gives the amount of calories burned!
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thank you to everyone for the response!
  • Jordu
    Jordu Posts: 13
    Options
    My best guess would be that there's simply too many variables to arrive at a reasonably accurate estimate.

Skeletal muscles appear to use energy in a far less uniform way (from person to person) than cardiac muscles. However, every strength training exercise has a cardio aspect to it, so one could use a heart rate monitor to estimate the amount of energy consumed by your heart during your exercises. I would imagine that's what "strength training" exercises listed under cardio are doing. Just recognize that this number is most likely an underestimate, but there is really no way to know how large of an underestimate it is.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Invest in a heart-rate monitor, that will record everything you do in the gym