Talk About Messing Up

Options
thcri
thcri Posts: 459 Member
Wow, started the day off with a good exercise, had a good breakfast and had more calories left over than when I started the day. Lunch came and ate a tad bit more than I should but hey it's Sunday all is fine. Even with that I still had over 800 some calories for dinner. Well everyone ordered pie. I declined until everybody got theirs. I gave in. Yes Chocolate Peanut Butter. :grumble: :grumble: Yes it was good extremely large piece so I did manage to cut it in half. So now I have another half to eat later. :explode: :explode: So now I only have 442 calories for Dinner. I can live on that I guess. Maybe some more exercise though is in order.

Well that is my mess up for the day.:cry:

Replies

• eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    To me that doesn't seem like messing up at all - you only ate half the pie, and you logged it, and you know how much you have left for dinner. To me that just sounds like managing real life the best way you can!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    To me that doesn't seem like messing up at all - you only ate half the pie, and you logged it, and you know how much you have left for dinner. To me that just sounds like managing real life the best way you can!

Couldn't have put it better myself! I lost 5 lb this week and that included a day when i had the biggest chocolate chip muffin known to man!!! You counted it, you know what you have left and if you go over you can exercise it off! Sounds lovely btw x
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    life happens *L*
    since i am not on a 'diet', just making changes i intend to stay with for the rest of my life (which will hopefully be longer now i am eating healthier *L*), i expect i will have pie from time to time *L* i just won't eat the whole pie anymore *S*
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Too right, you didnt eat it all. Have a nice veg/salad laden dinner with protein and put the pie in the fridge for tomorrow.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I agree completely! Yes, it's your diet, but it's also your life! If you can't eat a half piece of pie with friends every once in a while, what's the point?
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I would make the best of those calories and grill some chicken (like skinless/boneless chix breast 110 calories) and have some steamed rice (160 calories riceland 1 cup no sodium!) plus you will have some for veggies and a 100 calorie snack! you still have some left!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Agreed.

If you choose to eat the second half in the coming days, then just remember to plan your calories accordingly, and don't feel guilty about it. The way I see it... if you're going to feel guilty, then you may as well throw it away.
  • apollopom1
    apollopom1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you count it then it's not messing up. You're staying within your calorie range so that's the whole point. Great job! The whole point of this is to learn to manage what you eat and stay in your range. With that many calories left, you could eat a lean cuisine and still have calories left for a snack before bed. If we had to give up all of the good food, it would be very boring and old ways that put us in this position would come back. We'd never be able to keep the weight off. I think you did the right thing. Good luck!!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We have to LIVE as well as be disciplined with our health routines - I had a bacon sandwich and a donut for breakfast - mmmmm, but ended the day under my goal. If you can get some exercise in, go for it - always makes me feel great!

rgds, David
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week...all week. My grandmother is extremely ill, and in leaving home to care for her and having to rely on eating out...alot I didn't do so well. Today was my do-over! I got up and excercised (boy could I tell I missed a week!), and have managed to eat the right way all day. We all fall...the trick is to get back on the horse and try again. You are doing great...so don't let one piece of pie ruin your day...just remember that the next meal, is a new meal. And stick to it!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done for halfing it:smile:
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    hi friend you're doing great!
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    That is willpower you halved it. Good job. 400 calories for dinner is plenty. Stop beating yourself up and let me dream about that pie. I would gotten red eyes bared fangs and swiped everybody's pie at that table.
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are aware of where you are at with your portions and calories is great!
    Keep up the good work!
    Everyone has days like this, and we should learn to incorporate these days in our lives not as failures but exceptions.
    When I do this, I have a couple rules I follow:

1- next time you order pie and cut it in half, do not take the other half home. It is ok to not eat the whole thing. Saving it only makes you feel obligated to eat it. Serving sizes are general and they are not one size fits all.
    2- I make a great tasting low calorie soup. This soup is a great backup for those days where you ate a bigger than expected lunch. You can eat tons of this soup for less that 200 calories for 2 cups !!

saute onions(1/2C), carrots(1/2C), white parts of bok choy(1C) and sugar snap peas(1C).
    add low sodium vegetable broth(6-8C), 1/3 cup dry basmati rice, and a drained/rinsed can of garbanzo beans and cook for about 20 minutes.
    Then add green parts of bok choy and a small amount of low sodium soy sauce, salt/pepper to taste.
    Delicious and filling, but best of all low calorie!

You are doing good, keep up the good work!
    Good luck
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    the fact that you had a treat and was still able to set some parameters (1/2 slice) for yourself rather than have a full-blown binge is something to congratulate yourself on AND the fact you looked to exercise to moderate your calories is something we all need to be conscience about Don't look at as a defeat but as a successful plunge into blissfulness and a return to sanity :-))) Yee HaWWW.. good for you!!! Did you say Chocolate Peanut Butter?????? yummy
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    I had a bad week...all week. My grandmother is extremely ill, and in leaving home to care for her and having to rely on eating out...alot I didn't do so well. Today was my do-over! I got up and excercised (boy could I tell I missed a week!), and have managed to eat the right way all day. We all fall...the trick is to get back on the horse and try again. You are doing great...so don't let one piece of pie ruin your day...just remember that the next meal, is a new meal. And stick to it!

I hope all is well and you find the return to normalcy just what you needed... I totally agree with your philosophy and have had to incorporate your sentiments into my own life..
  • thcri
    Options
    That is willpower you halved it. Good job. 400 calories for dinner is plenty. Stop beating yourself up and let me dream about that pie. I would gotten red eyes bared fangs and swiped everybody's pie at that table.

I have the other half, I could take a picture for you :bigsmile:
  • thcri
    Options
    Thanks you all for your responses. The pie was good and many have posted to eat a lot of protein. My lunch today I ordered a 2 pork chop dinner and baked potato. I brought half of it home also to save to lunch at work tomorrow. That pork chop is good protein. I will eat a large grill chicken breast for supper tonight.

Even though I try to only work out once per day I can ride my bike this afternoon.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree completely! Yes, it's your diet, but it's also your life! If you can't eat a half piece of pie with friends every once in a while, what's the point?

I totally agree!! Real life means these things happen some time and its miserable life if you can't indulge now and again!
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Consider it a treat - because you've done well! :smile: