Hello!!

Options
My name is Debbie, I'm 48, a mother of 2 grown children - Josh - 27 and Sarah - 22. My life has changed so much in the past years - I got engaged 5 years ago, moved 200 miles from my hometown. In that 5 years, my daughter left home, I lost my job, I had 3 major surgeries and my father passed away. I have since moved back to my hometown and been unable to fnd a job. I have started back to college, hopefully going to finish my Associates degree in Accounting. My fiance is now working nights which leaves me home alone at night and also alone while he sleeps during the day.

I am still recovering having both of my knees replaced. In the 2 years before having my knee replacements I gained 35 lbs.; my body aches, my skin hurts, I have constant allergy issues, my blood sugar is on the verge of being a diabetic, my blood pressure somewhat under control but I found out I now have hypothyroidism. It seems in the past 5 years my health has gone down hill quickly. 6 years ago I was working out 4-5 times a week, running and enjoying life. I truly want to get back to the "old me" who was a much better me!! I keep thinking the better me is still in there just not sure where. After standing on the scale last week at my doctor's office for yet another sinus infection I faced the fact I weigh more than I ever have in my life and can't look in the mirror without seeing a fat me.

My doctor suggested trying to a site like this to help me count calories and focus on positive aspects of eating. I have hope this will be a beginning of finding the old/better me!!

Debbie!!

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck on your journey!
  • kumica
    kumica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!!

Today is my first official day....so excited!!!!!

If you need a friend and some motivation...add me!!!

I also had some set backs and am ready to get back to the old me!!

Good luck on your journey! :)
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Today is my 12th day of being a member of MFP and love it. Its hard work but worth it. Good luck