Easter?!

Options
I have literally spent today throwing away all the chocolate things I've been binging on, and as if saying no to pancake day wasn't hard enough, I've just realised that Easter is fast approaching.

I'm going to suddenly have a hideous amount of chocolate in my possession (well, if my family bother! But I'll always get something from my mum) and I don't know what to do with it?! It also doesn't help that I'm getting chocolate cravings like never before at the moment. I don't want to put all my weight back on (although I've definitely done half of that this weekend), but I can't say no to a huge Lindtt easter egg? (that my mum would have spent money on!)

Advice/tips at all?
Much love!

Replies

• gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could sweetly ask your mom not to buy the Lindt chocolate. (by the way, I wasn't craving any until you mentioned the Lindt) :laugh: Or maybe, you could ask her to not buy the Large one, but one small one. You could do without chocs from now until then and then indulge in the one small one as a well deserved and earned reward.

Just a suggestion.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You could break it up into bits and have a small section every evening as a treat for a week or for however long the egg lasts. I will more than likely get at least one egg for Easter so Im think that this approach might give me the best of both worlds! :) Best of luck!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessicakaty
    Options
    Good ideas, thank you. Only thing is.. If I break it up into smaller portions to have every night, I don't think I'd have the self-control to stop after one portion!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have a really hard time with candy. I have 2 kids and we ALWAYS have something here. Most of my calories come from candy and it doesnt fill me up and I end up regretting it. For me, if I don put it out in a candy dish, it helps a little. That way, everytime I walk by, I dont eat some. You have to allow yourself your cravings though. IN MODERATION. Keep a minimal amount of your fav chocolate in the house and make a deal with yourself. If you spend an extra 15 minutes working out, you can have one piece. OR something to that effect. YOu have to remember, this isnt a diet, this is your life. So you have to find something that works. You cant give up what you love entirely or it wont work. There always seems to be a reason why we have candy...Valentines Day, Christmas, Easter, etc. Its always gonna be around. For me, I just need to find what works.

My mom is going to get me a HUGE easter basket with all of my favorite things in it...in addition to my kids baskets (from her and their other 3 grandparents and the ones from the Easter bunny) My husband and I are going to try to find someone to give it to (maybe their teachers?) or throw some of it out. BUT I will make sure I keep the buttercream egg that I get from my mom and I will try to make it last as long as I can and enjoy every piece of it. (which unfortunately means I will be working my *kitten* off at the gym to contradict it)

:) Hope this helps a bit!!! If all else fails...THROW IT OUT!
  • jessicakaty
    Options
    I have a really hard time with candy. I have 2 kids and we ALWAYS have something here. Most of my calories come from candy and it doesnt fill me up and I end up regretting it. For me, if I don put it out in a candy dish, it helps a little. That way, everytime I walk by, I dont eat some. You have to allow yourself your cravings though. IN MODERATION. Keep a minimal amount of your fav chocolate in the house and make a deal with yourself. If you spend an extra 15 minutes working out, you can have one piece. OR something to that effect. YOu have to remember, this isnt a diet, this is your life. So you have to find something that works. You cant give up what you love entirely or it wont work. There always seems to be a reason why we have candy...Valentines Day, Christmas, Easter, etc. Its always gonna be around. For me, I just need to find what works.

My mom is going to get me a HUGE easter basket with all of my favorite things in it...in addition to my kids baskets (from her and their other 3 grandparents and the ones from the Easter bunny) My husband and I are going to try to find someone to give it to (maybe their teachers?) or throw some of it out. BUT I will make sure I keep the buttercream egg that I get from my mom and I will try to make it last as long as I can and enjoy every piece of it. (which unfortunately means I will be working my *kitten* off at the gym to contradict it)

:) Hope this helps a bit!!! If all else fails...THROW IT OUT!

Oh wow, I see your problem! Yeah, chocolate is only very appealing to me if I think I'm not allowed it.. Before my diet changes, I ate fairly healthily.. Never had a 'thing' for chocolate or sweets. But now, after trying to change my lifestyle to 'super' healthy, it's all I want! I just want sugar and chocolate and cakes and things, things I never wanted before. Hence why I'm so concerned about easter ruining all my progress.

It is a good idea to make a reward plan, but I'm not very good with deals.. Especially if I'm aware I have a big chocolate easter egg under my bed or something. It would tear me up to throw it away, I think i'd give it away if the reward plan failed or it was torturing me that much !

Thanks for taking the time to write your advice :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my family. And just the same as I did at Christmas, I've asked them to please respect my healthier lifestyle and as much as I appreciate their thought and caring, to please not get me any sweets or candies. It worked at Christmas and I expect it will work the same now.
  • jessicakaty
    Options
    Good idea, wolfchild. Think it's time for some will power to tell my mum no :(
  • my3kidos
    my3kidos Posts: 19
    Options
    I have 3 kids so even though I don't go overboard on the holiday candy, its still always around. What I do is give them a few days with it and then start to slowly toss it- they usually don't even notice. They eat their favorites and then the rest sits. So while they are at school and I am at home with it calling my name I start to get rid of it. Then after a few more days I will announce that we are getting rid of the "leftover" candy pick out a few they want to keep then bag it up and send it to your friends house to share with them (their parents love me- haha).