Soy Milk

Options
I am sick of my normal breakfast foods and want to try something different. I love cereal but I can't eat it in the morning because, for whatever reason, I can't do milk in the morning. Do you think soy milk might be okay, and if so, any reccommendations?

Replies

• Tanyatan02
    Options
    I use the silk light in the vanilla. you might like that.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I think Soy Milk has more sugar and less protein than regular fat free milk. I used to drink 8th continent when I wasn't trying to put muscle. It tasted good but had a lot of sugar!
  • LJeanC163
    LJeanC163 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant. I have found success with the Lactaid milk. Used it with no problems. I don't really like the taste of soy milk but use it to make shakes because it has less carbohydrates. I use Kirkland organic vanilla soymilk.
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    ALMOND MILK is awesome! Especially in cereal. :)
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been recently getting into Almond Milk and I really like it! I like soy as well. There's also rice milk, and coconut milk.
  • sandrabutterfly
    Options
    I would stay away from soy, just google the disadvantages of soy and you will see, unless you buy organic.
    I dont drink milk but love almond milk or rice milk. There is a vanilla almond milk that is unsweetened and delicious.
    Keep up the great work :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I do silk light original anywhere i would use milk. Cereal tastes the same :)
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies! I think I will try almond milk. I am so excited about the possibility of cereal for breakfast again!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love love love almond milk. I use unsweetened vanilla every day on my cereal and for only 40 calories for a cup (I usually only use a half cup though) you can't go wrong.