Hungry before bed...

Options
Hi

Im so hungry:yawn: , I missed having tea earlier due to been busy, whats the best food to eat before bed??

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    are you normally hungry and want to eat before bed? if not, then you are probably ok with something "good" carb rich which will help fill you up, and help you sleep (high protein may cause sleep problems as it is harder to digest, carbs can bring on sleep)

Try something like oats and milk - they will fill you up and may help with sleep.

If you are normally hungry before bed you need to look at where you can make changes during the day. Most people who go to bed hungry are not eating enough of hte right foods earlier in the day.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    First of all, there is nothing wrong with eating before going to bed, but make sure you stay within your calorie budget. Also, as stated, high protein can cause sleep issues due to the energy needed to digest it.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm going to start drinking hot tea and honey:)
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Eat a banana before bed, It will help take that hunger pain away, also bananas contain melatonin & serotonin chemicals known to help you sleep better.Good-luck.
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    are you normally hungry and want to eat before bed? if not, then you are probably ok with something "good" carb rich which will help fill you up, and help you sleep (high protein may cause sleep problems as it is harder to digest, carbs can bring on sleep)

Try something like oats and milk - they will fill you up and may help with sleep.

If you are normally hungry before bed you need to look at where you can make changes during the day. Most people who go to bed hungry are not eating enough of hte right foods earlier in the day.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I am not usually hungry before bed, I usually have tea around 7pm, although I had it around 5pm because of work. I am only within 800 calories for today too. So I really need a meal. Do you think porridge will be ok :) or bran flakes? xxx
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start drinking hot tea and honey:)

Yummie :) I'l prob still be hungry though =/ xxxx
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It has been shown that carb rich food like gnocchi can help you sleep if eaten more than an hour before bed time.
  • bushey101
    bushey101 Posts: 22
    Options
    Casein Protein Shake.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Eat a banana before bed, It will help take that hunger pain away, also bananas contain melatonin & serotonin chemicals known to help you sleep better.Good-luck.

I heard this from many people...
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    If you are working out hard and aiming for a toned bodyshape building muscle is maybe your goal.
    Try to eat cottage cheese before going to bed.

It is really low-fat and doesn't have much calories :)
    But the best...it's a pure protein bomb! And the protein is mostly casein, which gets processed by the body very slowly...so over night you'll be constantly getting the msucle-gaining benefits of protein-intake, while sleeping :)

win-win :)