SCARRRRRREDDDDDDDDD

Options
Okay I was just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick for 5 days. SIIIIIIICK, dehydrated....

so, in those 5 days I literally ate like nothing for 3 days, and a piece of toast for the entire day each of the other 2 days. Soooooo now that I'm well and feeling great again, I'm scared that because I wasn't eating, my body went into starvation mode, and NOW when I'm starting to eat again, will I gain a ton of weight back?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :sad:

Replies

• MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay I was just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick for 5 days. SIIIIIIICK, dehydrated....

so, in those 5 days I literally ate like nothing for 3 days, and a piece of toast for the entire day each of the other 2 days. Soooooo now that I'm well and feeling great again, I'm scared that because I wasn't eating, my body went into starvation mode, and NOW when I'm starting to eat again, will I gain a ton of weight back?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :sad:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yes, you'll gain weight, because you're currently dehydrated and your GI tract is probably pretty much empty. You'll be replenishing glycogen, filling your gut with food, and retaining some water until your hydration levels balance. Is that a gain in fat? No, so it doesn't matter.

It takes longer than a few days to see a dramatic decrease in your BMR. Physiological changes do take place, but just toward a shifting in what's used for energy production.
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I have had TMJ pain, an infected tooth and bronchitis. I have not eaten much. I have only ate mashed potatoes, baby food, cottage cheese, yogurt and naughty ice cream (which puts me in a lot of pain. I have lost nearly 10 pounds and am afraid that I will gain the weight back. I have tried to eat 3 times per day to keep up with the eating action, but not consuming as much as I would normally consume as far as amount, fat, and calories.

I am sure you are going to be just fine, but I am just as nervous as you are.

Hope you are better and hope I am right.

Let us know how you are doing.

Shari
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

I recommend asking BANKS. He would know.

Banks is gone ya Jack ummmm rabbit :bigsmile: Keepin it clean :drinker: :laugh: :devil: :smokin:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

Personally I would just be happy to be feeling better. Now you can get back on the wagon and take it a day at a time. I doubt you'll add alot of weight back. Just be healthy and it'll all work out :flowerforyou:
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    It takes longer than a couple of days to go into starvaton mode.... thats why calorie cycling works so well.
  • MiaBellaFaith
    MiaBellaFaith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What the heck is Calorie Cycling?