Introducing myself

Options
Hello, my name is OP. I am looking for all the support I can get. I am 56 yr old female. I have to lose a lot of weight to reach my weight goal 140 lbs. I started with my fitness pal in December. I workout 5 days a week, for 45 to 90 minutes each time, but so far have only lost 7 lbs. I am working with my DR & a personal trainer, who sets up workout programs for me every 2 wks. I am currently at 1800 calories a day. My trainer says it's a work in progress. I can tell the difference in my face & some of my clothes, but not so much on the scale. I read the blogs, but this is the first time I am reaching out to the community. I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thanks OP

Replies

• maureen354
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 as well. I'n losing about 0.4kg (0.8lb) a week - a lot of weight as I'm quite short!. Pretty slow going but some weight loss is better than nothing. I'm more conscious of what I'm eating and as I'm cutting down a little each day, I think its easier to stick to in the long run I THINK. My long term plan is to get from 67kg (148lb) to 55kg (121bl). I''m motivating myself by saying that it took 10 years to put on, and I'll need not only to lose weight but to create a lifestyle which will keep the weight off. So slow & steady is ok as the end product will be sustainable. I think your change in exercise habits may take a while but your body shape will change as you get fitter. Don'f forget that muscles weigh more than fat. Watch out for muscle definition taking over from fat!
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Welcome OP! I am a 35 yo. mom of 3. I quit smoking in November and since then have gained weight rapidly. I am enjoying MFP and simply love the recipes. The community here is fabulous.
    Sheri:happy: