recipes for one????

Options
hello all im looking to find some good recipes for one to 2 people i dont really eat the same stuff as my husband and kids as they dont like my " healthy food".

***** edited recipes for 2 will work 2 any more then that and i just dont have the room to save it

Replies

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :wink: BuMp...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I've spent many years looking for the same thing. Divorced and my kids (full time at home with me) don't like my stuff.

I finally gave up and halved regular recipes, and always have at least one serving extra :)
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am AWFUL at cooking small quantities, so I usually just cook the regular amount, then freeze whatever I won't use. Makes cooking later on a snap!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I make a whole recipe of an entree/meat I like that fits my food plan and freeze in single portions. Then, it's easy to grab one of "your" entrees to microwave/heat while you cook your family's meal. Check out the Recipe Tab on the Food Diary page--if you enter your own recipes, it will calculate the nutritional information per serving.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Most of my cooking is for just myself. I love making extra. It means I don't have to cook as often, because I can put the rest in containers, and have left-overs.
  • amyelizabethrn75
    Options
    thai peanut chicken wraps......
    1 serving of chicken cut into cubes (4 oz)
    1 teaspoon of thai kitchen peanut satay sauce
    boston lettuce leaves
    shredded carrots
    mung beans

cut up chicken and saute in pan using pam cooking spray
    when cooked through stir through 1 teaspoon of the peanut satay sauce
    use the lettuce as the bread
    add the shredded carrotts and mung means on top of the chicken

they serve "letuce wraps" at places like Cheesecake factory and Chili's

You can usually make 4 lettuce wraps..... total of less than 150 calories!

Use the other chicken for your family!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am AWFUL at cooking small quantities, so I usually just cook the regular amount, then freeze whatever I won't use. Makes cooking later on a snap!

This is pretty much what I do as well. Either freeze the leftovers or put them in single portion container in the fridge for quick reheating. Being able to walk in the door and have a homecooked meal in a mattter of minutes (reheating) can spell the difference between a good day and an hour of mindless snacking for me. :noway:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I always cook just for myself and have got used to it and don't have any problems. To some extent I scale down recipes but mostly I just devise my own. I'm afraid I'm no good to pass any recipes on though, as apart from the carbs such as pasta and rice I don't weigh anything, I just throw a bit of this and that into the pan.

I hope you get some good recipes :-)
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hello all im looking to find some good recipes for one person i dont really eat the same stuff as my husband and kids as they dont like my " healthy food".

As my momma would say....tough! They want to eat? They learn to like what you cook, or go hungry.

Anyway, here is a website aimed at cooking for one, with many healthy recipes:
    http://www.thehungrysingle.com/ths/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=93
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I also cook a recipe and then freeze or store leftovers. I also try to inspire my fiance to eat my healthier food, he has been and enjoying it!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    some days I have this issue as my hubby is a tennis player and needs way more calories and carbs than I do and I have a special needs child who has a different diet than either of us.
    I have learned to break down some of my fav dishes and cook on a smaller scale . Like when I buy my chicken tenders in bulk from Sam's club I then use freezer bags and put 2 pc's in each bag for myself and then 5 tenders in a bag for the hubby.
    This way if I want to have chicken one night and he has something else I can just cook my two tenders for myself
    When I cook pasta I just measure out 2 oz for myself when I want it and when I do make a large family size dish I just weigh out a 2-4oz serving for myself and then log my recipe so I know what nutrition I got from it.

Like tonight I am making chili but I know it makes alot more than the 3 of us will eat so I measure out what we can eat and I freeze the rest in small containers so I can thaw it later in the week or month for a lunch meal.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use a small "micro buddy" to cook my vegetables or fish in. I use a small George Foreman grill to do other meat. I can season them any way I like then. I like to put stuff on whole wheat tortillas or pitas too. No recipes needed for any of them.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ive changed alot of things for the kids as they will have whole wheat pb&js, yogurt, whole wheat crackers and cheese for snacks and i try to feed them healthy breakfast and lunches to but dinner is something i cant do healthy as my husband refuses to eat it thanks for all the replies and suggestion i appreciate it very muych
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I generally fix the same entre for my guy and I, but we have separate side dishes. I will fix him pasta, potatoes or rice and I will have frozen vegies (he won't eat vegies or fruit). My portion of the entre is about half the size of his. The left overs he takes to work with him for lunch, or I have them for lunch with more vegies or a salad. I always have pre cooked chicken breasts in the fridge for sandwiches, salads and quick toss together meals for me. Sometimes I will make a big pot of soup/chili/stew (he won't eat it) and after it cools I will portion it out into ziplock bags and freeze them flat (a stack of a dozen doesn't take much room). Easy to thaw in water, then put in a bowl and nuke.