Skipping a day of exercise??

Lilangel67
Lilangel67 Posts: 20
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Hi Everyone...
Since today is Sunday, and I am feeling a bit under the weather..I thought I would skip a day working out. BUT...I have an enormous guilty feeling and have convinced myself that if I don't work out,,then I can't eat anything. Is it ok to take a day off from excercising and still be able to eat somethings other than apples and celery? :happy:

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Yes.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    What poisongirl6485 said.
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Of course, you should take a rest day every week. If you are feeling under the weather your body is probably letting you know it's need some recovery. I hope you are eating more than apples and celery too:)
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Yes, yes, yes! You should have AT LEAST one day off of exercise per week so your body can rest and re-build.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Absolutely! One cheat day here and there isn't going to sabotage all your hard work. Your body needs a break sometimes, especially if you're already not feeling well. Rest today and just east sensibly...no need to starve yourself. You'll feel better tomorrow and can start right where you left off.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Ofcourse!
    I hope you're eating other things than apples & celery.
    Your muscles need to rest so adding a rest day or 2 to your week is a good thing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Not only is it ok, but you SHOULD skip a day of exercise every now and then. It gives your body time to recover from all the abuse you do to it while exercising. :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Goodness, of course it's ok. In fact, you're better off taking 1 day of rest to give your body time to recover.
  • Yes, of course
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Rest days can be just as important as the days you work out, your body needs a chance to recover from exercise and build strength and muscle. Even if you don't exercise your daily calorie goal has a built in deficit, so eat your calories and most importantly don't beat yourself up about taking a break.
  • if you exercise everyday you will find yourself getting bored of it as it will be a daily routine for you, like others have said, take at least a day off to 1.let your body relax and 2. making sure exercise doesnt run your life
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Yes, of course. If you continue feeling guilty for taking a day off you will be at risk for self sabotage, and that all or nothing thinking is dangerous for staying on track with a fitness plan. Enjoy your day off!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    it would appear that the yes's have it. for good reason. :)
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Not only is it ok, it's a good idea to let your body rest & recover once a week. I'd say listen to your body, but know the line between listening and giving into it.
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    I'd say yes too. If you are not feeling well you should skip exercise and give your body some rest. You should eat too, as long as you don't go way over your calorie goal.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Are you logging all your food ? of so you are under eating even if you don`t exercise

you want to consume 1200 cals per day
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Yes - I'd actually go further and say that it would do you good to exercise every other day - that's what I do. Your body then gets a rest and time to repair. I do tend to run every other day though so you could do something different on the in between days. Hey I should do that!!!!!
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    take the day if you are under the weather....but now I am feeling really guilty after reading this--I haven't taken a day off exercising since Jan 30th when I started...I love walking/running everyday it helps me to feel accomplished and better about myself..
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Of course it's okay. Everyone will either skip a day's workout or miss their calorie goal now and then, the important thing is to not let it discourage you. What's the point of making a new, healtier lifestyle if you don't take the time to enjoy it now and then?
  • Ok then...the general consensus is that I take a day off...so I am..lol Thank you to every single person that replied. I appreciate everyones advice.
    Have an awesome day!
This discussion has been closed.