Skin and Hair Problems

Options
Cora0414
Cora0414 Posts: 10 Member
so...I have been on this diet for two weeks. I am not depriving myself from anything yet my hair is falling out more than normal and my skin is not clearing up. I don't know what my body is missing. is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are getting enough Protein, then try adding a Good B Vitamin. When my hair was falling out, the Beauty Operator suggested Biotin every day. It did help some, and once I got to my goal weight it has slowed down a lot.
  • pamelynn
    pamelynn Posts: 1
    Options
    what diet are you on? just eating healthy shouldnt cause that! are you taking a multi vitamin?
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin supplement if you are nt on it!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary to be able to offer the best suggestions for you, but hair and skin problems are often related to not enough calories and missing certain vitamins. Without knowing exactly what you are eating and how many calories you're suppose to be getting I can't say if the calories are the issue and without knowing what you are eating, I can't see what vitamins you may be lacking. So, my best recommendation is to add some more calories to your daily eating and take a good multivitamin.
  • Cora0414
    Cora0414 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess the biggest thing is the multi-vit. I am on certain vitamins but apparently I am missing something. I just hate for my skin to be so bad. it use to only be during PMS but now it is worse everyday.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My skin, hair and nails have been fantastic since I've been eating more protein.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Since it's only been two weeks, it has nothing to do with the way you are eating now. Your hair will reflect how you were eating like 2-3 months ago. I would look back to around that time for some answers.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Go to your doctor and have a set of vitamin levels run on you. These blood tests will show any signs of anemia, lack of protein, low on calcium, Vit.D etc. When I had my surgery (gastric bypass) almost 7 years ago, I lost almost half the hair on my head. No kidding. The human body will shed hair from having surgery (the anesthesia), lack of protein in the diet or sudden reduction of calorie intake.
    Also, don't freak out if it takes awhile to stop. Once you start a shedding cycle (if in deed, this is what is truly happening) it has to run it's course. Don't worry, it grows back! In my case, my hair looks better now than it has in years! Just keep it shoulder length till the cycle stops. You will then see little hairs popping up all over your head.
    Increase your protein levels. Get your labs run and see if you are anemic. Get good nutrition and don't worry.....it's just hair! You can google alopecia (sp?) and see if you can find out any info. Don't worry, (I know easy for me to say. I freaked out too!) but hair does grow. Hope this helps!
    ETA: This can happen after any surgery, not just bariatric surgery.