mom in need of motivation

Options
Hello I am a newbie, raising 4 kids and just started back to work six months ago, I love my potato chips and soda, I have cut back a lot of my soda but the chips are my down fall right now. Really need to lose weight for myself, I have arthritis that I have let stop me from doing a lot of exercise, well now I have decided not to let that stop me any more so here I am trying to lose weight, I am 180 pounds and would really like to lose around 50 pounds.

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! Feel free to add me if you like. I'd love to support and encourage you along the way! I love to eat period so we all have something we need to work on!!! Good luck on your journey
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You can do this! :bigsmile:
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Hello!

I love chips, too! I often have seltzer instead of soda, I still get the same fizzy taste and it seems to help!
    As far as chips go, there are certain foods I just really can't have in the house. You can buy baked chips or bake your own out of low-cal, high fiber tortillas!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, I have 5 kids lol you can totally do this, just put your mind to it... if you love the chips, try and find some that are a little low in calories... try and limit yourself to one serving and if you can't try and do a little extra exercise :) Should add me as friends, we can motivate each other!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!kids need a healthy mom.I know I always put everyone 1st.Now it`s about getting myself healthy.
    Good luck!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • Staci73
    Staci73 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I am also a Mom trying to get the motivation back for myself. I am new to this site I hope it works. Good luck to you :-)
    Staci73
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard!! Great job on getting started to a healthier you. I learned that in order to take care of my family I must learn to take care of myself. Also remember thats it's ok to take time for yourself to do the things you need to get done. Sometimes it may feel like you are robbing time from your family but you and them will learn to adjust. As far as the chips and soda just take it one day at a time. Start by eliminating one thing maybe every couple of weeks until you are eating a well balanced diet. Then on occassion you give yourself a "chip treat" now and then. You will do great just log everything and never give up!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of three grown children and 10 almost (11,due in May) grandkids and believe me when we get together it is the hardest thing not to eat. So I would love to be your friend and maybe we can encourage each other in our struggle to lose those unwanted pounds and live a healthy life style.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I'm a mother of 2 and was just under 180 at the beginning of the year and am looking to loose about 50 lbs or so. Along with MFP, I'm doing P90X (alternating weights and cardio) so as long as I'm loosing inches I'm happy.

When I first started I had to put a couple of foods on my NO list, only because I have no self-control when I eat them. Specifically french fries and candy. I'll have a piece of dark chocolate, cause it's healthy, every once in a while and I'm okay. Other than that I've had to cut out all candy. My other weakness is french fries. They are so high in fat, sodium, and calories but....so yummy. I know that I can't just eat a couple so I didn't eat them at all. I'm doing better now but have to really pay attentin and watch myself. Since Easter candy season is upon us, I'll have to exercise an exorbitant amount of will power. There are these marshmallow candies only sold at HEB and only during Easter...and I love them so much!

You can friend me if you want to. Good luck on your journey!
  • wesleysangel
    Options
    My aunt is a big inspiration to me...she's lost over 80 pounds and she looks amazing, and she can give you tons of advice and she's on here...lessertess is her username. When I told her that I wanted to lose weight, she told me I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I counted my calories and stayed under. I told her that there was no way I was giving up my coke, and she said you don't have to as long as you count your calories! SO I'm still going to have a coke here and there and not feel guilty about it :)