How many calories did you used to eat?

Options
eating4balance
eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
How many calories did you eat before joining myfitnesspal (or started eating healthy)?

I'll start.

On a typical day I used to eat anywhere from 3000 to 5000 calories. That was when I was in 8th grade and was super skinny. My freshmen year I probably ate about 2000 to 3000 calories and THEN I gained weight. :smile:

A typical day in junior high was:

Breakfast: 4 poparts or 2 belgian waffles topped with butter and syrup (800 to 1500 calories)
Lunch: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn, biscuit, milk, no bake cookie, fruit cup (1000 calories)
Snack: row of oreos (600 calories)
Supper: 3 slices of pizza dipped in garlic sauce, pop, 4 or 5 breadsticks and ice cream for dessert (1000 calories)
Late night snack: bag of popcorn or chips (500 calories)

Now I eat 1200 calories and am just as satisified. So, how many calories did you used to eat?

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am not completely sure but I am sure it was 3,000 to 4,000 a day. My meals were double the servings and at night
    I would snack constantly.
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WAY more than 1200, that's for sure! It's amzaing to me now that I am counting just how many calories I was consuming!
    lol! :drinker:
  • JD1805
    JD1805 Posts: 45
    Options
    2500-5000 depending on Mcdonalds or Burger King or whatever else was on the way to work
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I am not completely sure but I am sure it was 3,000 to 4,000 a day. My meals were double the servings and at night
    I would snack constantly.

Same here. I once ate an entire 13x9 pan of tater tot casserole and could easily have eaten more. Not my proudest moment.

I am also the creator of the "take a jack in the box bacon ultimate cheeseburger....throw away the bun.....then use tacos for buns." Super awesome and yummy but again not my proudest moment. Looking back.......what a fat *kitten*!
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i think prob on a bad day about 3000 but on a good ish about 1900 - i used toe at out A LOT and order takeaway A LOT
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    3000 to 5000 and it wasn't how much but what... fast food was my seceret lover!!! No more and I get full on the stuff I eat now instead of being hungry and hour later cause ate empty calories.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Since I have had my stomach stapled I have not been physically eating more than 1200 calories a day BUT I gained 50 pounds over 3 years from DRINKING VODKA AND JUICE.
    I was drinking around 5,000-10,000 calories A DAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Needless to say I have put the bottle down alot and only have a few drinks a month now
    Due to this my metabolism is super slow and where I was able to lose 140 pounds in 8 months after surgery I have only lost 7 pounds in a month now :(
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great question - I'm scared to think. I used to drink about a litre or more a day of fruit juices, which was probably close to 700-800 cals alone. Beer, another 300 per day. I was weak for Pizza, once or twice a week. Big lunch, big dinner, constantly snacking. Based on my metabollic base rate, and my level of activity, I probably burned upwards of 3500-4000 cals per day. That said, in order to have put the weight on at the pace I did, I would say an average day would be 4000-5000 cals in food. Not unheard of to indulge upwards of 6000 or 7000. I can't believe it when I think back...
  • Brucifer55
    Options
    Probably 5 - 6000 a day easy...3 steak or chicken fillet biscuits with cheese and mayonnaise on the drive to work each morning, then just graze all day and hit the Chinese buffet on the way home......how I do miss it so.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I am also the creator of the "take a jack in the box bacon ultimate cheeseburger....throw away the bun.....then use tacos for buns." Super awesome and yummy but again not my proudest moment. Looking back.......what a fat *kitten*!

HAHAHAHA totally made me laugh. and sadly, it sounds good :-/

anyways, seeing as what kinds of food/how much food makes up the 1,700 calories I eat now, I was EASILY eating 3,000-4,000 calories per day. it was a scary realization when I started logging calories on here!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Not a clue. Some days it was probably a whole lot, some days probably not enough. A lot of times I'd skip breakfast, skip lunch and just eat dinner. Other days I'd stuff my face all day. Whatever it was, it wasn't healthy.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I would have absolutely no idea - which was the problem. I was so ignorant - my only concept of healthy eating was "low fat". If it had low fat, it must have been good for me. Geez.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how many. I can guess that every day was different. One day I would be good and eat well. The next, binge and eat everything. No question less than my 1450 I have now.
  • Shelbyhartman
    Options
    I'm sure it was easily 3,000 to 4,000 calories a day. EASILY. The biggest change in my life has been my "no more fast food" rule. Not proud about it but I used to stop on the way to the office at McD's and get a sausage/egg/cheese biscuit and hash brown. Then at lunch I always had fast food, usually Taco Bell or Burger King, and out at a restaurant with the boyfriend most nights for dinner. I hardly ever prepared meals at home. I can't believe my highest weight was ONLY 220 pounds with that lifestyle!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Some days I would eat a lot, other days, probably not enough. I pretty much ate what I wanted to, when I wanted to. I didn't necessarily eat "bad foods", but portion size was definately an issue. I was unpleasantly surprised to see how small an actual serving size of cereal really is! Also, I used to eat fast food several times/wk, and now I can't remember the last time I did - months ago?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Same here. I once ate an entire 13x9 pan of tater tot casserole and could easily have eaten more. Not my proudest moment.

WOAH! Beast haha!!!
  • wbgolden
    Options
    well you constant strangers are the only ones that know. and it won't happen again :)
  • wbgolden
    Options
    WOAH! Beast haha!!!

not in the same day....i think :/
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would start my day off with a massive bowl of cereal about 500-700 cals with milk.. Then by 10 am we would order breakfast most days or send someone to get Wawa breakfast hoagies. A 6" ciabatta with ham egg and cheese was 670 cals with 26.5 grams of fat. Then by 12:30-1pm it was lunch. I ate out every day.. Mostly pizza, cheesesteaks, hoagies, strombolis, etc.. Between 1000-1700 calories.. Don't forget to add fries sometimes with cheese.. Then dinner around 5/6/7pm. Ordered out a lot. Chinese, more pizza, more burgers, etc.. Average dinner was close to 2000 cals. If we ordered a Sicilian pizza square pieces, I could put away 6+ slices.. And most of the time I ordered fried perogies with sour cream to dip in.. I didn't even mention the grazing between meals... Vending machine snacks.. Chips, pretzels, candy bars..

Between 5000-8000 calories a day.. Easily.

It disgusts me to think about it.. What a schmuck!! NO LONGER!!!!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.. ;-)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but a few weeks ago a friend had me try weight watchers points. The first day, I hadn't kept track but I decided to count my points anyway. At my weight, I was allowed 33 points, I had eaten 87.