I'm New!

Options
I have a friend who's been using this program for a while now & thought it was great, so today I decided to start!

I've always struggled with my weight since I was in high school & didn't take sports anymore. I became more interested in art & choir, & I became less active.

When I married my husband I was 209lb. I was a hair stylist, so I was constantly moving, & always on my feet. When I got pregnant I had a complication called Preeclamsia (one of the side affects was a great amount of weight gain). I am now 223lb after having my son. Our baby was premature so I decided to be a stay at home mom so I could be there all the time & care for him. It's amazing how lazy you can become when you are at home 24/7. Especially in winter time when you can't get outside to walk. Now that the weather's getting nicer out I am ready to start this journey so success & reach my goal of 160!

I would really like to be 160. I know my husband is completely happy with how I look now. But I really want to do this for me too! I want to be more energetic, and be able to run up the steps without being out of breath! And I want to be able to chase my kid around when he gets older! =) I can't wait to do this!

I just need a little motivation! =) Change is hard, but I know I can do it!

Replies

• chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I'd love to be friends, if you're looking for someone to cheer you on! :)
  • toprac
    toprac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. I started in January then went on vacations so I am getting back tomorrow. Tracking your food ( everything you put in your mouth) will help.

Deb
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If it's motivation you're after then the community here can definatly suppy it. I've only been here two days myself and I'be never been more motivated to lose weight.

Stick with it and I'm sure you'll reach your goal.
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    I'm new too! Good Luck. Stay focused on your food diary and water intake.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on here since Jan. 3rd and have met a lot of nice, supportive people. Everyone encourages you and give helpful ideas. Good luck!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :happy:
  • edengle
    edengle Posts: 1
    Options
    hello great web site i'm addicted to it.
  • haylzturner
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too =)
    Every step is hard but every new step is one less step we have to take later on