Hi from Virginia

Options
My name is Nichole and I'm 24. I'm from a small town in southwest virginia. I was a softball pitcher in high school and college and now that I've graduated, I have gotten so out of shape. I have gained over 80 pounds since I have been out of school. I teach high school algebra and coach a high school softball team now and I want to get back in to shape and start living a healthy life because I feel as if I'm not a role model for the girls. I hope to change that starting now. My goal right now is 250 (reality people) and then hopefully my goal will be 145. I hope to make new friends/supporters and we accomplish this together.

Replies

• Nichole1017
    Nichole1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Nichole and I'm 24. I'm from a small town in southwest virginia. I was a softball pitcher in high school and college and now that I've graduated, I have gotten so out of shape. I have gained over 80 pounds since I have been out of school. I teach high school algebra and coach a high school softball team now and I want to get back in to shape and start living a healthy life because I feel as if I'm not a role model for the girls. I hope to change that starting now. My goal right now is 250 (reality people) and then hopefully my goal will be 145. I hope to make new friends/supporters and we accomplish this together.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Nichole!!

M
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Welcome from another Virginian (Fredericksburg). This is the start of the rest of your life. Welcome!
  • kdzmom
    kdzmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great sight. I am glad to see a few Virginians (I am in Richmond) out here, I was beginning to think I was one of the few! :smile:

Good luck with your goal! This is a great resource and a great bunch of people! :flowerforyou:
  • kdzmom
    kdzmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great sight. I am glad to see a few Virginians (I am in Richmond) out here, I was beginning to think I was one of the few! :smile:

Good luck with your goal! This is a great resource and a great bunch of people! :flowerforyou:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am stationed in Hampton (live in Newport News) You will enjoy this site :)
  • gonzo1993
    Options
    Welcome! I am also from a small town in Virginia, Mt. Jackson. Only one stoplight! Good luck to ya!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love the ease of the whole wedsite

Welcome :flowerforyou:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT!! DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!!:wink::wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: You're in the right place.:flowerforyou:
  • flash
    flash Posts: 11
    Options
    I wish you all the luck! I am also new so I'm trying to get with it! I think this site is going to be alot of help to all of us. Try to stay motivated.
  • Nichole1017
    Options
    :glasses: Thanks everybody..I'm excited to get started!
  • Treask40
    Options
    Hi ! Glad to meet you. I am new here too, just started Sept 22. I have found that logging my food the night before really helps me. It helps me to make better choices and there is no thinking involved.
    I am still flexible and change it up if I need to but if someone says lets eat out at work I figure out where we are going and what the choices are that I can live with. I am putting in every little thing, even splenda and ketchup etc. There are all kinds of hidden calories. I read someone wrote to weigh and measure, I agree, I don't have a scale and need to get one, I bet my ounces are way off. I definitly measure though! I am trying to lose a total of 75 pounds, but like you my goals are starting off small. I have made a commitment with a group of girls that I meet with to workout 6 days a week (however we can even if its only 10 min) and to post our food for 30 days. We also set 30 day defined goals. I am excited about this, it is fun, encouraging and keeps me focused. This website has been my biggest help in re-training myself to a healthier lifestyle. OK... I have gone on long enough! Best of luck to you!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options

Hey Kidzmom,

My husband works in Richomond at the Whole Foods there... Have you had a chance to visit?
  • Nichole1017
    Options
    I'm trying to get my coworkers at school to join me. I think I've rubbed off on my sister-in-law, she joined tonight. Does anybody have any good tips for me? I feel like a virgin, lol.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nichole,
    It's possible. Just start every day like it's your first. Don't get discouraged if you slip a little, it's your life, not a race. Slow and steady. It took a long time to put it on, don't expect it to fall off all at once. There are some pics of me in my thread under Success Stories about my 20 year reunion. I still have a ways to go, but I feel good about myself and am not afraid of the camera anymore!
    You can do it!:flowerforyou:
    Jennifer
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Western Hanover County VA!!!! You will do great!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Hey Kidzmom,

My husband works in Richomond at the Whole Foods there... Have you had a chance to visit?

I was just in there this past Thursday....That store rocks!