Just 13 lbs - Lots of inches! (Pics)

Options

Replies

• kcarlson16
    kcarlson16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! & it definitely is a helpful reminder that just because I haven't magically shed 20 lbs in 2 months doesn't mean there isn't an obvious physical difference! Thank you for posting a perfect reminder!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you Whit-Whit!!!! Keep up the great work, you are a great inspiration for me thanks for all your support! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Paradis
    Paradis Posts: 54
    Options
    WYG you look awesome!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Good job! Well done!! xox
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Amazing photos!! What a difference! Crazy inch loss!!
  • megfish216
    Options
    WOW! You look awesome! Very Motivating. Keep up the good work! :)
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    You look great!
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nice job! And thanks for sharing. Any tips you would like to share?

1. Take it one day at a time!
    2. It's not failure unless you give up; you're not going to be perfect. Life happens, cravings happen and you're going to make some bad decisions! This is a life style change, so let it go. Your mistakes don't define you, what you do to improve next time is so much more important!
    3. Exercise! Get in your cardio and weight lifting. You'll get stronger, build endurance and gain muscle, all of which will help you look and FEEL so much better!
    4. Make exercise fun! You don't need to kill yourself on the treadmill if you hate the treadmill! Get outside, take some classes, join a sports league, play frisbee with your dog, whatever! If you find something that you enjoy, you'll be so much more likely to stick with it long term!
    5. Watch your nutrition. It's not all about calories. You need to watch how much fat, protein and carbs you're getting. Not all calories are created equal. You'll lose weight if you eat 1200 calories of twinkies everyday, but you won't be building any muscle!! Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein. The more whole foods you eat, the better. Avoid processed food as much as you can. But give yourself time to adjust; avoiding processed food is hard, so make small changes and you'll get there!
    6. Watch your sodium! If you're eating whole foods, you'll pretty much never go over sodium, so this is a good way to make sure you aren't getting too much processed foods. Frozen and canned foods are filled with sodium. Check the label.
    7. Find support! Find friends, family, people on MFP or others who are also looking to improve their health and encourage each other!

More than anything - DON'T GIVE UP! You haven't failed until you give up completely. You can do it!! :smile:
  • whittrusty
    Options
    What kind of exercise routine are you following? You look great! Keep it up girl!

I'm currently training for a 10K in 13 days and a Half Marathon in October, so I run 3 days a week. I typically work out 5-6 days a week for 60 minutes. Strength training at least twice a week. I also do a lot of plyometrics (squat jumps, plyo jumps, step ups, etc.). And I also will do a kickboxing class about twice a month. I like to switch up my workouts to keep myself from getting bored. The most important thing is to find something you enjoy! :smile:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Yay! My sw is close to yours and I hope I have the same success because you look great.
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments!

If you're discouraged or just starting out, trust me: If I can do this, you can do this! :smile:
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I have not lost that much, but have lost lots of inches just like you. It is so nice to put on cloths that were once tight and find they are actually getting a bit big on me now :)

Good job!
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    WOW look at the transformation on those legs! You're going to have the most killer pins!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, keep up the good work!!
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm currently training for a 10K in 13 days and a Half Marathon in October, so I run 3 days a week. I typically work out 5-6 days a week for 60 minutes. Strength training at least twice a week. I also do a lot of plyometrics (squat jumps, plyo jumps, step ups, etc.). And I also will do a kickboxing class about twice a month. I like to switch up my workouts to keep myself from getting bored. The most important thing is to find something you enjoy! :smile:
    [/quote]

Nice work! Congratulations on your success! I really need to start doing strength training - can you tell me what you're doing? I'm struggling w/ how to get started! Do you have a specific routine that you follow? Thanks!
  • kumica
    kumica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!!! Keep up the fabulous work!!!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement... after only losing 15 lbs in 5 months, I was on the verge of quitting. Thanks again for the motivation!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY CAN TELL A DIFFERENCE! Great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!