Started a week ago

Options
My name is Michelle and I started using this app and website a week ago and have lost 11lbs. I know its probably mostly water weight but the fact that I am losing is really encouraging to me. The app is so easy to use. I have a LONG road ahead of me and my biggest obsitcle when trying to lose wieght is my self control. I am a junk food junkie to the core.. which is why I am in the boat I am today.. I am just taking it day by day and it seems to be helping.. Would love new friends/support on here.. :)

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me as a friend. 11 lbs is great!
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new on here too. Two weeks for me. I can relate, I'm a chocoholic, and I love fast food. But the longer I'm away from it, the less appealing it's becoming (although I still sneak some chocolate and fast food in). I had Sonic last night & thought I was gonna be sick afterwards. So - not doing that again! lol Feel free to add me as a friend too! You're doing great & I wish you the best!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your 11 pounds....it will most likely slow down some here soon so don't get discouraged when it does :flowerforyou: I lost 13 pounds my first week and then it slowed down after that and I was averaging 3-5 pounds a week til last week when I had a 2+ pound gain. But when it does slow down just remember that getting healthy is the key! Feel free to add me if you would like. Best wishes to you on your journey.
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know it will slow down, but with having to log the foods I eat, it really makes me stop and actually think about what I am eating. I haven't ate out in a week and thats crazy. I eat out wayyyy too much. I have thought about it though. But when I drive past Mcdonalds or something I start just thinking about having to enter the food into my diary and just feel guilty. I'm hoping that keeps me from pulling into that drive thru :)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start. I agree when you think about having to log everything, it sure helps you make better choices. Feel free to add me if you like. I haven't been here long either...
    Best of luck!!
  • tysi
    tysi Posts: 13
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. Especially when food provides comfort. It's like saying "go away best friend" when you go on a diet. If you'd like some extra support, add me. I just started yesterday.