Military spouses supporting each other

Options
Anyone with a deployed service member on here that wants to support each other, or anyone who has been in that boat. This isn't my first trip on the merry go round, but it doesn't seem to get any easier. I have done pretty good over the past 7 months or so, but I am faltering a bit now. I guess it's a busy time of year, but it is hard to stay strong mentally, and healthy physically with so much going on. I have no relatives even in the same state, and just want to keep my head above water. Some days are better than others, but I want to do better for my kids, my husband and myself. I don't want to bring him down with sob stories from home. Anyway, if there is anyone who wants to maybe keep up with each other on here, I would be happy to do it.

Replies

• Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm with you... kinda! :) My husband joined the Army less than a year ago. His training was a total of about 7 months and then we moved halfway across the US to his first duty station. We got here in Nov. and he's deploying in a couple of months! It's been a whirlwind! My goal is to be back to my HS weight by the time he gets back home next year! I KNOW I can do it, but it's gonna be a struggle... especially when he leaves. Feel free to add me as a friend! I have a couple other Army wives (whose husbands are currently gone) as friends on here, too. Actually, it's my best friend and my sister! :) We're all in the same boat!!!
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When I get depressed, I seriously start shoveling food in, especially at night when I am tired mentally and physically.
  • Jenni268
    Options
    Nights are the worst!! The kids are in bed and I'm alone (or was and will be.) And I'm definitely a "depressed-eater." Even though I know it's destructive!
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I know what you all meen its hard work being a healthy military wife my husband has been gone 6 months so far and the first 5 I put on 27 lbs now I am getting it offr before he gets back home
  • ktalley11
    Options
    My husband isn't deployed but we are far from family and friends as well, currently at Ft. Benning Ranger training unit, so I really have noone to workout with or help me stay focused, but I log in everyday and try to get the kids to work out with me :)...if you want you can add me and we all can do this together....HOOAH!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You'd thing with each deployment it'd get easier but it never really does. This time around though I have the company of our first child. Sad though, because my husband is missing a lot of baby's "first" and his 1st birthday. Some days are easier than others. Working out definitely helps me de-stress! Like you I also have no family near me. They are basically across the country. We can do it girls!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    My DH isn't deployed but has been gone since July 2010 for training.
    He's now on TDY. He's back in 10 weeks.
    My goal is 166lbs by then.
  • curlytop89
    Options
    I know, when I talk to my husband about the baby he is happy to hear, but I know it makes him sad that he is missing him turning into a little person. He will catch up quickly when he gets back. My son (20 months) saw a man dressed in an army uniform at my other kids karate class a couple of weeks ago and called him daddy and got so excited until the man turned around. Then he got this look on his face like someone was playing a trick on him. He is so sweet! Even though I have more to worry about with the kids they keep me focused on what's important.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I have family and friends in the military and it's never easy to see your loved one leave. Thank you all so much! Ya'll are the backbone to our military and keep them strong!
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I know, when I talk to my husband about the baby he is happy to hear, but I know it makes him sad that he is missing him turning into a little person. He will catch up quickly when he gets back. My son (20 months) saw a man dressed in an army uniform at my other kids karate class a couple of weeks ago and called him daddy and got so excited until the man turned around. Then he got this look on his face like someone was playing a trick on him. He is so sweet! Even though I have more to worry about with the kids they keep me focused on what's important.

My 2 year old did that when we visited Fort Meade. :( There were so many uniforms and she kept getting thrilled and crushed. It was AWFUL.
    When my husband left DD was 21 months, DS was 8 months, and I was 18 weeks pregnant. Now she's 2.5, DS1 is 16 months, and DS2 is over 3 months.
  • curlytop89
    Options
    wow, you have your hands full! I know keeping busy even with kids helps the time pass by a little faster, but it would be nice if there is someone close by to help too.
  • Jenni268
    Options
    I'm actually moving back to Ohio when my husband leaves. I think it'll be nice for the support! Plus, the kids aren't in school yet. My husband and I talked it over and once they're in school I'm not moving even when he deploys again. So this will be my one and only time! Plus it helps that I'm able to rent a furnished home off of my cousins! :) I would definitely not be going back if it meant moving EVERYTHING again! Especially since we just moved down here in November!
  • curlytop89
    Options
    That is a great idea. It will definitely be nice to have some loved ones around!