my very very first NSV!!!

dixiejeep
dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
So I went up in my room to try and pick something out to wear tomorrow (since its gonna be 65 in Pittsburgh, thats a big deal!) I figured i would break out my shorts. Well keep in mind, the last time i wore these shorts was before april of 2010 because i went on a cruise in april of 2010 and i couldnt fit into any of them! and when i went to las vegas in july of 2010, i just brought "comfy, fat" shorts....well i went in my room and to my suprise ALL OF MY SHORTS FIT! even with a little comfort room!

i dont know if this is a big deal or not, but to me it is!
im definatley gonna keep going!!!
:drinker:

Replies

• it's a HUGE deal! this is so awesome, you should be so proud! :happy:
    it's a great feeling when your clothes start to fit again!
    congrats!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Congrats!

Enjoy the warm day tomorrow! Yinz had warmer weather today than we did here in DC -- make sure to send it our way!!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    it is a big deal!! congratulations!!!

on another note, and please don't laugh... what in heaven's name does NSV stand for? I googled it and found "no scalpel vasectomies", "net sales value," and a bunch of other things I hardly think could be related. :)

edited to fix typo
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member

on another note, and please don't laugh... what in heaven's name does NSV stand for? I googled it and found "no scalpel vasectomies", "net sales value," and a bunch of other things I hardly think could be related. :)

edited to fix typo
    haha no im not gonna laugh, because i didnt know for the longest time...
    it means Non Scale Victory!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member

edited to fix typo
    haha no im not gonna laugh, because i didnt know for the longest time...
    it means Non Scale Victory!

a-ha!! thank you so much for clearing that up for me! :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Victory is ALWAYS a big deal! Congratulations! = D
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Nice job! This is a milestone!
  • It is a really big deal. I'm scared stiff to try on my summer clothes from the last two years because I've gained 10 lbs! I'm working so hard to get it off. I had lost 60 lbs and bought all new clothes in size 8 & 10 and gave away ALL my size 16 & 18 clothes. I totally refuse to buy just 1 item until I'm at least at the weight I was last year..... so good for you.... celebrate!
  • YES I agree with you. It's a very big deal. So satisfyiing.....and exciting too, huh?

EXCITING!

I am very happy for you!

I wish we could all go on a cruise together and have fun enjoying our non scale victories !

You go Girlfiiend !
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    that's an awesome deal!! i haven't tried on my shorts yet... i just pick them up and think "omg these are tiny"... I can't wait to have the same shock! congrats and keep it up!
  • XoCynthiaXo
    XoCynthiaXo Posts: 78 Member
    WOW thats great, CONGRATS!!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    That is a HUGE deal!!! Congrats big time!! I share in your victory as I experienced the same thing on Friday. It was 80 here in eastern PA and I broke out the shorts. Last summer I could barely button them, on Friday they were falling off!! It's a great feeling! Keep on going girl!!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    great job !! nothing better than a little victory.
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    That IS a big deal! Well done you :happy:
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Huge victory. Congratulations.
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    So fun! Big deal, ya!! I love shopping in my own closet.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    That would be a major milestone for me. Congratulations on the huge VICTORY!!!
  • Sexykoko
    Sexykoko Posts: 3
    keep it up
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    You should be beyond excited. I will be. I'm trying to ignore my older clothes for now, but I hear them calling to me. Haha.

Keep up the great work!! And congrats!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Thats awesome!! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!