Couch to 5k

Options
Is anyone currently doing this or is there anybody interested in starting with me tomorrow? I was going to do this 3 days/wk & on the off days do 30 day shred. Any one up for one or the other, or both?:wink:

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am going to redo week 1, just so I'm less winded on my running. So will do it tomorrow!!!!

L.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing both soon too, but not for a week or two... I'm in the middle of a BIG move (from ID to KS)... I'll be at it after, though, so feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    So 5kms, three times a week?
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    what is couch to 5k???
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am actually starting tomorrow too! Add me and we can definitely do this together! :)
    12452 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm definitely up for it! I need a buddy for motivation!
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I need motivation too!!! lol
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    what is couch to 5k???

Couch to 5K is a program that's designed to slowly introduce people to running by introducing short bursts of running into 20 minute walks. Over time, these running bursts get longer. The goal is to have you able to run for 30 minutes or 3.1 miles (5k) by the end of 9 weeks.

You increase your running slowly, so that you don't hate running or injure yourself.

Most people use the C25K program from coolrunning.com: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml You can see the whole program outline there.

There are also smartphone apps and podcasts that do all the timing for you and tell you when to walk and when to run.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's a great program and you'll find a LOT of threads for groups doing the C25K program. I just finished W3D1 (Week 3, Day 1) yesterday.
  • jabberjaws77
    Options
    Please feel free to join when you can!!! And good luck with the move!
  • jabberjaws77
    Options
    I completed week 1 day 1 today & boy oh boy!!! Im beat!! That's even harder than 30 day shred, at least for me, I haven't ran in awhile....lol. I am excited about following this program & looking forward to supporting/getting support from everyone doing this!!:smile:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started a modified 5K plan a few weeks ago and am starting shred in the off days starting tomorrow (tues). I figure that alternating is best. Lately I can use all of the motivation and exercise I can get!