Six Meals Per Day

Options
I'm going to try eating 6 meals per day this week and see how I feel. Does anyone already do this? Any suggestions?

I've planned it all out this week, but I'm eating pretty much the same thing everyday this week. Right now, until I get a little more used to this way of eating, I think that will just work best for me.

Anyway, any suggestions you have would be appreciated. I'm excited!

Replies

• needa1
    needa1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I try to eat about 5 a day but on most days its hard, i just make sure that i get some type of snack in their between breakfast and lunch and dinner, and then i try to make up form missed calories on dinner or my afternoon snack.. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do ,, it becomes a way of life after a while - I find it helps because my body gets used to being satisfied by small amounts of food and I don't over snack - my snacks are planned meals
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I typically eat 5 meals a day...every 3 hours...check out my food journal (except for the past 2-3 days...lol)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day and 2 or 3 snacks a day. I just try to make sure that I eat something every 2 or 3 hours to keep my metabolism going. Hope it works for you. :smile:
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for about a month and it works very well for me, as with any meal plan, you have to do just that, "plan", but I believe it has helped boost my metabolism, but more importantly I never feel hungry or like I'm starving. My calorie limit goal is currently 1350/day, I try to eat six times and keep each meal within 200-225 range. I still have my days that it doesn't work, I eat too much in one meal and have to skip, but it just shows that it takes some getting used to! I know what works best for me doesn't always work for everyone, but this has for the most part worked for me so far. :)

Good luck,
    Kelly
  • aprilw7561
    aprilw7561 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My sister eats 6 times a day because of her Diabetes, but two are small meals of usually fruit or veggies. It becomes a way of life.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    you just have to get in the habit
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I love eating 5-6 times a day. I am so used to it now that sometimes I feel like a baby begging for food every three hours because I am hungry. ;)
    I love eating small meals throughout the day. I find that I don't over-indulge on things like I used to and it helps keep the mindless snacking out of my life. I have also noticed that since I started eating so often I don't have any problems with my blood sugar anymore. My blood sugar used to get really low if I didn't eat and I'd feel shakey and downright terrible. I have had ZERO issues with that since I changed my eating times in January.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    When I am working out of the office, I eat multiple times per day, continuously eating every 2 hours. Usually snacking on veggies or some raw nuts through the day. Half of my job is spent traveling so on those days I'm not able to eat that frequently. I find that on days where I eat smaller "things" more frequently, that I'm more hungry in general. Maybe it's because my body is burning what i'm giving it at a faster rate? I'm not sure.

I've been incorporating black coffee into my morning routine and I find that it keeps my morning more manageable. My afternoons are much better since I workout from 3:30 - 4:30 and I always have a post workout RTD and at least an apple if not an apple and carrots to eat on my way home from the gym.
  • gelarae
    gelarae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that it takes lots of planning-and a back up plan for when I don't pull it all together. BTW, I read that protein shakes are good to use as meal replacements. I'm planning on 1 per day. Should I drink it before a workout, after, or does it even matter?
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I try to do 6 meals a day. Most days I only get in 5 because I get busy and forget that snack between breakfast and lunch. But give it a go you'll eventually get used to it.