Thoughts on pop/soda/whatever you call it?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I am a big fan of NOT drinking this stuff. Empty calories or artificial sweeteners. Just curious as to your thoughts...

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I find it delightful. I smile every time the bubbles dance upon my tongue.
  • angieralkey
    angieralkey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do not drink anything besides water.. Very rarely I will have milk but usually in cereal. Soda makes me more thirsty than I was before I drank it! Good ole h2o is the way to go!
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, if I have one it is a regular one or if possible one with real sugar, I stick to a 12 oz can and have no more than one a day, sometimes I have one, then go several days before another. Not the greatest thing to spend my calories on but sometimes, just gotta have one!!
  • purroxide
    purroxide Posts: 27
    Options
    Coke Zero/Diet Coke is great. No calories and it gives me my "sugar" fix. I won't touch normal pop though.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    cant stand it. Sometimes I really need a sugar hit when there are no other options, so it is a once every 6 months kind of treat really.

Water is best. Light milk is probably the next most consumed beverage for me!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Pop makes me sick to my stomach...So I have had only a few sips in the last few years.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Counting calories on this site forced my to give up my beloved Mountain Dew. I'd rather eat 170 calories than drink them. It's a lot more satisfying.:drinker:
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    it is my major vice, but i have cut it down alot and am proud, but i know I'll never be rid of that fizzy *kitten* ever. lol
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I pretty much agree with buttercup. If i'm going to drink one, I'm going to drink a real one. Usually a Mountain Dew, sometimes something else. I rarely drink it anymore though. If I do, it's with something else bad like pizza or a burger.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I only drink Diet soda.. gotta have my dt dew ;) water just gets so boring to me and im horrible at getting in my water intake :/ I try to stick some diet snapple packets or crystal light in my water when i do drink it and I really like drinking powerade zero! its my go-to alternative to diet soda and its zero calories unlike most other sports drinks and they are tasty
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Tea and water is all I drink. I pass on all the rest of that crap.
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    I have Coke Zero on Saturdays with my other half, it our movie night so ya :wink:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    FLEE!!! Even if you're drinking diet pop to avoid the calories, the carbonation is still REALLY bad for your bones and your body actually processes real sugar better than the artificial sweeteners, so either way water is better....or tea! :)
  • melywely
    melywely Posts: 1
    Options
    If I could drink nothing but Mt Dew and Dr. Pepper everyday for the rest of my life and be healthy and never gain weight I would. Giving those up was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I use to drink alt least 2 20oz bottles a day.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think it's gross! I drink soda maybe like three times a year.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    It's junk. Unless it's sugar free red bull :)
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo glad my mom NEVER had pop around the house growing up because I'm sure I would've been addicted! However, I do LOVE diet, and that's the only kind I will drink.... diet Sunkist and the diet Dr. Pepper's are my fave. ;) It's a nice change from water, and the carbonation helps me feel full. I used to drink one every day, but nowadays, I only have like maybe one a week. I am absolutely ADDICTED to generic crystal light, though!!! I just can't drink enough plain water.

Sort of related, I refuse to touch juice as well...sooo many calories and added sugars in a lot of them!!! And the worst part is that people tend to drink a LOT of juice because they think it's so much better for you than pop!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't like the way dark soda makes my teeth feel-- like battery acid corroding anything of value. When I want something fizzy, I pick up a flavored sparkling water, or swing by Sonic for a diet cranberry limeade
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Diet Coke and trying to wean myself off of it after hearing how bad it is for you. It's hard though.
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    For me, it's a treat. I treated myself on St. Patrick's day because I saved room for it. It's not a everyday thing (it never was, made me break out like crazy), but once I week I would enjoy a Captain and coke. Now that has been changed to once every blue moon.