New!

Options
My name is Kelsey. I joined this site a while ago, but recently redownloaded the app to my iPhone. I am currently on my 4th day of my "diet." Really, all I'm doing is cutting out fried foods, fast foods, and any carbonated beverages. So far, so good, and I've lost 2 pounds. Doing some exercise, too, and even looking into starting Zumba hopefully soon! Pretty excited about that one. :o)

I've been struggling with my weight since I was in 6th grade, after my parents divorced. It's been a hard struggle, but I feel I'm finally ready to get this weight off me and finally look as good as I have always felt inside.

I wanted to take the time to introduce myself, finally, as I start on this journey. I would LOVE to have a support group that I could talk to regularly, during the ups and downs of this road I'm on. To me, it's doable alone but more enjoyable with a wonderful group of friends to lean on.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. It actually feels really good to get this out in the open, now that I've come to terms with what needs to happen to achieve the goal I've set for myself. Started at 274 pounds on March 17th, 2011, and am now 272. Not a big decrease, but am still excited nonetheless! I look forward to meeting you all. :o)

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I started at 274 on the 9th. Lost 3 pounds so far. Good luck!!!!!!
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, I'm excited for you!!! Congrats and good luck to you, too!!
  • expatben
    expatben Posts: 2
    Options
    Back to losing weight. Seems to be my life's work. I'm fatter then ever now and back to working out and am going to eat right, or closer then now. I'm at 310 right now and want to be back at 245. Lots of work todo and lots of time to do it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me :)
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Great goal you have in mind. Congrats on coming to terms with it. Feel free to friend me if you like. I have enjoyed the site since I have been here. It's really great to have the support that you might not have elsewhere. Hope your weight loss journey is very successful.
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Good luck!!

We can do this in Small steps, feel free to add me if ya needa friend
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome and all the good luck! We can do it! :o)