is it possible to get your period twice in a month?

Options
Cause I just got mine around the fourth. My next one is suppose to be April 7th. I have headaches, cramps etc. :/

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible. Especially if you've been working out more than you normally would your body is probably adjusting to all that work it has to do adjusting calorie usage. If you do get your period before the 7th (like within the week) don't sweat it. If next time it comes up early again maybe go to the doctor.
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Absolutely. When I start dieting and exercising my body flips out. I can wind up having my period for up to a month! Its a real pain in the *kitten*!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Absolutely. When I start dieting and exercising my body flips out. I can wind up having my period for up to a month! Its a real pain in the *kitten*!

I think I would die if that happened! A WHOLE MONTH??? geesh!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Yes. That happened to me in December. Then I was 41 days late! That was freaky.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Our bodies go on a cycle that lasts roughly 28 days. Most months are 30,31 days. So eventually, it definitely becomes VERY possible to get it twice a month.

Others have also mentioned that 'shocks' to the body can make your routine later, or earlier, heavier, or longer, or shorter... all sorts of changes that can happen.

If it gets to the point where it is extremely painful, or worrying you in any way, please see your physician. They can help with deeper questions. If you are only concerned because it is a little early, just chalk it up to your new routine (for now). :)
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Anything is possible when it comes to getting periods. Any chance of pregnancy?
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was just mentioning this to my friend last week. This is the 2nd month in a row I've gotten my cycle in less than 30 days apart. It doesn't seem completely irregular (aside from having to deal with the symptoms) and I honestly do think it's because of the workouts I'm doing (Insanity) plus we're going through a deployment right now so there's a little added stress to our lives lol. I did read that it's normal to have irregular cycles if you have excessive weight loss/change in diet/exercise (like suddenly exercising when you hadn't before or as much as before). I've actually missed my period two months in a row when I went from no exercise to sudden exercise under pressure.

If it continues just go see the Gyn, no biggie and since nothing else is going on with your lower regions I would try to not stress on it too much cuz that won't do any good.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Seriously? I would checking it out with my doctor if this happen to me. It doesn't sounds right to me at all. My period is just as regular as it can ever get since I started working out (6-7 days a week now), and dieting (healthy way). I'll say, go to see your doctor.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yes.

ATM my cycle is 2-3 weeks, partly due to my age (48) & partly thanks to the diet/exercise.
    I was told by the practice nurse at my Dr's that fat stores hormones & once the fat cells start to shrink they release the hormones which is why my periods have gone haywire.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I was told by the practice nurse at my Dr's that fat stores hormones & once the fat cells start to shrink they release the hormones which is why my periods have gone haywire.

^^^ I was told the same when I asked my GYN. I have also noticed my cycles come more frequently the months I lose more weight than when I lost less.