I Seem to PEE more.. is that ok?

Options
Just wanting some feedback to see if this is a normal occurance.. I've been watching what I eat more and drinking more so I know that accounts for it.. but tonight I had to go before we went into a movie after eating dinner and then I couldn't even sit through a whole movie and had to go.. thats a little abnormal.. so I'm just wondering if anyone else has expierenced it where once you start eating more healthy and watching your calories etc.. if this has happened to you.. AKA is this normal.. :)

Thanks for the input..

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    more water in = more liquid out =D
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's not so much about the food, although eating fresh fruits and vegetables will give you more water than junk food will, it's about drinking more water. If you've just started drinking more water throughout the day chances are good that your body is getting rid of a fair amount of water weight that its been retaining. Once your body has adjusted you shouldn't need to go as frequently. It also depends on how much you drink and in what amount of time. If you drink 6 glasses of water in an hour (which isn't recommended) you'll need to go several times in a shorter amount of of time, whereas drinking water consistently over a greater amount of time will make you go less frequently.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do to
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    more fluids in, more fluids out

i would be more concerned of not peeing more

good question though... your pee color says a lot....

clear pee means your well hydrated

dark pee (almost dark beer color) can mean something more sinister

but, mind you, you can over hydrate and this can cause brain swelling or congestive heart failure...

so stick to your recommended daily amount and adjust to amount of exercise... (if you exercise more, you are allowed to drink more that your recommended daily amount:

good luck!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have to pee all the time. The more water you drink the more you will have to pee. I usually drink 10+ cups of water a day and I'm sure I couldn't make it through a movie either. So, yes it's ok.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Everybody says my bladder will get used to it but I'm coming up on 3 months of drinking about 10 cups of water a day and I still have to pee every hour on the hour. haha ;)

But I feel a lot better. :)
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Fat gets flushed out through your urine so that is definitely a good sign. Keep up the water intake eventhough you feel like a pee factory. LOL

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • emseigle
    emseigle Posts: 23
    Options
    I'd only worry if your pee was dark or non-existent. The more you drink, the more you will have to go, naturally- but it is a good thing. When you "go" you're detoxifying your body from the inside out and flushing not just toxins but fat and cholesterol.

Trust me that you're not alone here...today I had to run to about 3 Walmarts in under an hour And I went pee at all three. My family is use to it now LOL.
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options

but, mind you, you can over hydrate and this can cause brain swelling or congestive heart failure...

so stick to your recommended daily amount and adjust to amount of exercise... (if you exercise more, you are allowed to drink more that your recommended daily amount:

good luck!

OMG! wonderful. now I'm gonna worry about that! :noway:
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

good luck!

OMG! wonderful. now I'm gonna worry about that! :noway:

I don't know where this information came from but I believe that would be WORST case scenario if you drank literally GALLONS of water and didn't relieve your bladder.
    One of the main things to watch for is electrolyte imbalance but again that happens when you drink WAY too much water. Don't worry!!
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Thanks for all the info.. appreciate it.. its just something that I'm not used to at the moment so we'll see how it goes.. I'm staying right around the 8 - 10 cups of water a day.. usually a couple with each meal and I'm counting the one that I have for my protein shake in the morning since its made with water...

Good info to watch the Pee color.. its mostly clear.. so from the answers here thats a good thing..

:) --
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Increased fluid intake causes increased urination. If you are also drinking coffee or tea they have diuretic properties and also increase urination.
    If the colour is dark, there is pain or burning, or if the urine is sedimented or the frequency is accompanied by an urgency then you should see a health care professional to test to make sure you haven't got a urinary tract infection.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Fat gets flushed out through your urine so that is definitely a good sign. Keep up the water intake eventhough you feel like a pee factory. LOL

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

This post worries me quite a bit. :frown:

If you have fat in your urine, you have a SERIOUS kidney problem.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    long as its not dark pee away