Anyone classed as "overweight".

Options
Hey guys. I feel like I'm the only one out of my friends who is on a weight loss mission because I am actually overweight (according to my BMI), rather than because of just feeling fat. I'd love to meet some people who are doing this not only to feel better about themselves but to actually get into that "normal/healthy" weight range. It's depressing feeling like the only one!

(On a brighter note, I am only 3 kilos away from being "normal". It used to be a lot more!).

Replies

• sarahbelle87
    sarahbelle87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also, I know you probably shouldn't rely entirely on what your BMI says, but it would still be nice to have a healthy number. :)
  • bigjean
    bigjean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    shooooo mines say that too....
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would say this applies to me aswell, I seem to fluctuate around the overweight / ideal area, but am aiming to lose weight to put me securely within the 'ideal' band.

Add me as a friend if you'd like some extra support!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hey, Yep I'm considered overweight! I think to be considered in my healthy weight range I still have to lose 5 kilo's. I've only recently become over weight and I don't like it at all.
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also use the BMI as a "measure" of how well I'm doing. I finally moved out of the obese category and into the overweight category this weekend! Still have a long way to go before I reach "normal", but I fully intend to get there! You're welcome to add me as a friend.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    According to my BMI, I'm obese, so I've plenty of weight loss to go before I land in the normal/healthy area.
  • MadgeleneHarper
    MadgeleneHarper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trust me girl, your not alone. I have about 60 pounds to lose. My BMI is like 35, which is awful. Thats why I joined this site, so that I would have some support.

5863628.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 85specialk
    Options
    Yep I'm there too! Admittedly I think I have 1 kg before i'm in the 'healthy weight range', and although I don't find BMI to be an accurate measure for most people, I still can't wait to get into the healthy bracket!
  • sarahbelle87
    sarahbelle87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many replies already! You guys rock.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one, but I always feel like I'm the only one out of my friends, so these replies are nice to see :)
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm 4 pounds away from being in the "overweight" instead of "obese."

I personally think that the BMI needs to take into account whether you're an active person or not. My ideal weight has me losing another 30 lbs. I haven't been that weight since middle school. I was a cross country runner and track in high school so I put mostly muscle weight on.

Which is why I don't like the BMI because it treats muscle weight and fat weight the same when you can have more muscle then fat and your "unhealthy" according to the BMI.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I feel exactly how you do!!!!!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I am also teetering on Overwight/Obese. Sucks, and that that is my motivation. I would like to be "Normal!"
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm classified as overweight. I'd like to not only be in normal BMI, but also really feel good about the tone of my body. I'm 5'3" and 151 lbs. Supposedly when I reach 140 I will be in the upper part of normal BMI. We'll see how good I feel when that happens. :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Yup. according to BMI I'm just under "obese" but I wear a size 13-14 so I'm just like pfffft, whatever.
    My goal weight still puts me in overweight category (25.7) but last time I was that (and with less muscle so I'm thinking this time it'll be 'smaller') I was in a 10-11
  • meganmorrison25
    Options
    I'm "overweight" and getting closer to "ideal" as the days go by :)