Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I have been taking Glucosamine for a while as I do a lot of zumba and found my knees played up. HAve bought some cod liver now to help the joints :blushing:

Yep cod liver oil is my must have for my joints too, have tried glucosamine etc but they don't seem to make much difference to me, however if I stop taking cod liver oil now, my joints are more painful.
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Clems...
    PMT is just one of those things. Despite good eating, supplements etc etc I still feel louse around that time. It's the week before that's worst for me in terms of energy slump and retaining water like a camel. The moment it's "there" I'm fine again. :ohwell:

Must must must remember to only weigh myself once a week!! 2lbs off this morning YAY!!! (Sunday morning is my official weigh in ) just goes to show ..............

Good things happened this week - I actually was brave enough to get outside and jog ( 25 mins non stop very sloowly) !! My shape is still changing and i'm enjoying my exercise - I think yoga and jogging are a really good match ! My skin is looking nice and clear at the minute tooo!

Had some bad news this week re : Husbands job managed to not sink into a loaf of bread in despair too.
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Clems...
    PMT is just one of those things. Despite good eating, supplements etc etc I still feel louse around that time. It's the week before that's worst for me in terms of energy slump and retaining water like a camel. The moment it's "there" I'm fine again. :ohwell:

Must must must remember to only weigh myself once a week!! 2lbs off this morning YAY!!! (Sunday morning is my official weigh in ) just goes to show ..............

Good things happened this week - I actually was brave enough to get outside and jog ( 25 mins non stop very sloowly) !! My shape is still changing and i'm enjoying my exercise - I think yoga and jogging are a really good match ! My skin is looking nice and clear at the minute tooo!

Had some bad news this week re : Husbands job managed to not sink into a loaf of bread in despair too.
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Clems...

Well done on the weight loss and the running!! I started running for a half marathon almost 2 years ago and started only being able to run for 2 mins....so keep at it :bigsmile:
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    I lost 4lbs this week :D xxx
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's nearly the end of the month and I haven't been on the team thread yet! :sad:

Been a stressy month but managing to distract myself from food by exercising and gardening. Have now decided to offload my stress and let the managers deal with it instead, starting tomorrow when they take over a project that was abandoned when someone left a couple weeks ago.

Lovely to see so many new newbies this month too - a belated welcome to everybody and I hope you're doing ok :flowerforyou:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. :flowerforyou:

Well done to the losers!! :drinker:

Hasn't it been a lovely weekend?! :smile:

Spend Saturday morning in spin (with my legs complaining about the previous days strength training session plus evening 10k run)... and today 2 hours of cross country hiking with friends around rural Monmouthshire. My legs are most disgruntled... :grumble: but they'll just have to get over themselves.

Quick protein shake, then bed.

Hoping for a good week for everyone.
  • stucross1987
    stucross1987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wooo Team Uk-Lancashire here!
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am not a good advert for being fit this morning! Did a fell race/adventure race type thing on Saturday evening and my muscles are complaining about it now. My colleague is most amused at my struggles to get out of my chair!

On the positive side, it is a lovely morning out there. :smile:
  • rachie78sw
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Yes it has been a lovely weekend, which helped me with my boost for training for the half Marathon.

Went for 2 short runs over weekend, mixture of jog and walk, as the friend I am training with needs to improve fitnes..~

I am going this evening alone to see how I go and want my pace is like.

I really have the bug for doing it at the moment, so fingers crossed I keep it up. I do intend to keep attending my classes at the gym to mix up my exercise.

I am hoping to see a change in body, and did take before photos and will take them once a month to see what happens. :glasses:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mooorning!

I'm just back from six days London (read: six days of eating and drinking, but luckily a lot of walking too). The damage: a gain of about 1.5 lbs. Ah well, I can live with that. Back to being good now and hopefully it'll be gone again by Friday.
    Djeez those last few pounds are a bit of a struggle hey. They fly off at first, but it's serious hard work now.

Right... first I have 92 emails to get through.... sigh :yawn:
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Another gorgeous day here in sunny Yorkshire and I'm feeling even sunnier because I'm a quarter of the way there! 20 lbs gone as of this morning, 60 to go....Woo Hoo!
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was quite bad at the weekend - we were visiting my boyfriend's parents, and went out for a birthday meal as well as watching the rugby eating pizza, so although I didn't really drink, I did eat a lot! But back on it - walked loads yesterday - and trying to get under 10 stone by the end of the month. I've been trying to shift this 1 lb for the last 6 weeks! I'm not doing too well with my discipline...

El.x
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Can I join team UK too???
    Been using this site for almost 2 weeks now and think its fab! I've got 12 weeks (well its 11 now) till my next appointment at the hospital about my hips and I've been told to lose as much weight as I can in this time so this is my most serious attempt ever! lol
    I'm following a bit of a cambridge diet but by having a 1000 cals and I'm actually finding it ok so far but think this site has helped with the calorie side!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so late joining this thread!

I am based in North London and have lost 43lbs of baby weight so far. I have 2lbs left to goal and then I want to lose another stone (14lbs)

Does anyone else read some of the foods from the Americans on here and think "mmmmmm that sounds yummy, why the hell dont we get that here???" lol
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi all fellow UKers - do you mind if i join??

March has been good for me so far - have gone from 'obese' to just 'overweight' and am feeling great. The weather is nice and it encourages me to do more exercise. Instead of lurching around (like i was last year) i actually feel like i have a spring in my step!

Hope you are all happy :happy:

I'm 34lbs down, only 31lbs to go. Good luck to all of you.
    Marie x
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi UK crew
    Been using the forums for a few days
    Didnt know this forum was here, luckily i didnt create one then.
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I have a case of the man flu (except I'm a girly!), or it's hayfever. Either way, I'm miserable!! And work is massively stressful at the mo (hence why I've been a bit quiet!). I'm having to be a bit lenient with my food at the mo to avoid an all out binge, and hopefully will still have lost some lbs and inches when I do my monthly WI this Saturday. Unhappy lauren :(

Hope you're all doing well, and hi to all the newbies!

xxx
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello again peeps :smile:

I haven't been around much on the last week, so thought I'd post before I don't get a chance to... AGAIN!

I had a great birthday weekend, lots of lovely food and some cake :devil: although I did manage to stay under my cals! Burned lots of calories at the laserquest, running around like an eejit, and then danced the night away!

How has everyone been keeping?
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love the new photo Lesley! And I'm very impressed at keeping under you calories on your birthday weekend...