ive got a cold and feeling sorry for myself

Options
does any1 know any food or remedies to help cure or ease a cold ? xx

Replies

• Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fluids! Flush, flush, flush that bacteria out. And rest.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Water, nap, water, nap, water, nap - then repeat...

sorry, colds are energy vampires, and do make you feel crappy all over.. good day to hang out on the couch with a blanket and some tea.

hope you are feeling better soon...
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    not much you can really do for a cold... OJ, tea and rest.

A little chicken soup would not hurt either... (Channeling my grandmother on that one!)
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Lot's of water. Maybe chicken noodle soup. If you have a cough, have some honey.
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas - ginger, pepperment, lemon, cranberry, orange...citrus is great. Add a good dollop of honey for some yummy, healthy, cold-fighting sweetness. Orange juice, hot soups, warmth, and comfort will do you a lot of good. Throw a good, long, hot bath in there at least once a day, and include lots of fruits and veggies in your diet (but cut down on the dairy or eliminate it entirely for now).

Get better soon!
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    I have been on the couch for 3 days feeling miserable. Water and sleep.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Awww I hope you feel better! I say alot of water, sleep as much as you can, take ALOT of vitamin C and zinc. And maybe some good old fashioned Chicken Noodle soup, that always makes me feel better! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    does any1 know any food or remedies to help cure or ease a cold ? xx
    Oh Hon! I'm so sorry.

Low sodium chicken broth (or any broth you prefer veggies, beef etc., just check to see if it's low sodium) is a good source of protein. Even if you aren't hungry it's important to get something in you so your body can do it's work to heal. As someone else shared plenty of water, don't let your body get dehydrated, perhaps keep a bottle of water by your bed with some nice Puffs with lotion Kleenex?

If you feel like you're wanting to eat a bit more some chicken noodle soup as someone posted would help as comfort food, just pick something that looks tasty but is lower fat/sodium, and perhaps a flip top can to conserve physical energy!:wink::tongue:
    I typically make my own but when sick? No way!:laugh:

Pull up a blanket and get cozy and take advantage of this extra rest, check in with your doctor if it seems too last to long.:flowerforyou:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Gosh I wish I knew. I'm almost 2 weeks in to a cold....I am happy to report a little less sinus pressure in my face today....maybe it's on its way out. The only thing you can really do is let it runs its course. I hope you feel better soon!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    thamkyou everyone xxxxx
  • hamezuk
    hamezuk Posts: 4
    Options
    Had the same last week. Forced myself to the gym so I could sweat it out.