Doesnt it bother you?

Options
That we are on a health site, trying to loose weight and have a better life style.. and the next thing you know you are on a page on MFP and you see advertisements with 2 big hamburgers on their? I think its kinda strange.. and demotivating hehe.

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I get ones for something called an exante diet, Hilton Honours Hotel Group, Disneyland Paris, bras and laser hair removal!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My ads are for protein powder, travel, and running clothes. Those are the things I google on a regular basis, so I think it has to do with your internet searches.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have never in my life googled that diet or laser hair removal lol
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oreo cookies, fiber snacks, Disney World Resorts and a Protein supplement.

Occasionally Groupon.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    That's so strange!! Mine are usually for Nissan, Amex, some vitamins, Kelloggs and that ad you always see "5 foods you must not eat! Cut down that belly fat"...blah. lol
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I keep getting one for Whoopees and doughnuts!!
  • wmubuffettfan
    wmubuffettfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HAHA!!! Yeah I always get pictures of Paula Dean cooking fabulous looking fating foods in my ads.
  • Toridactyl
    Toridactyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That banana drives me crazy.
  • dthompson9405
    Options
    yeah most of my ads are targeted towards what i look at on the internet now. so i think it is powered by goggled
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That banana drives me crazy.

I KNOW!!!!

The banana drives me insane!!!! Aren't bananas good for us???????? :huh:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Haha, I keep getting Disney, M&S and Virgin Media?!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    mine is cinnabon creamof wheat, melatonin, and thats weird because i actually use that every once in a while. so maybe i should get that dollar off coupon!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my ads are for clothes.

stop googling hamburgers and you'll stop getting those ads ;)

i'm totally kidding, but the ads are based off of what you search for online.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    mine is cinnabon creamof wheat, melatonin, and thats weird because i actually use that every once in a while. so maybe i should get that dollar off coupon!
    but ive never googled either one of those
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When I first joined MFP, there was an ad for a big chocolate cupcake with a HUGE mound of blue frosting....pure EVIL!!! But I made it thru and concentrated on the ultimate goal! We can do this:bigsmile:
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It may be annoying but I look at it as they are paying for the site so we don't have to; i will gladly be annoyed any day to keep the site free ;)
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I keep getting the ad for "Sonoma Diet", with the nice, big glass filling up with red wine. Hmmm..... Do you think it peeks at your food diary?!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the ads are Google ads, and google ads generally appear as it fits the content written on the page. It could be anything really. Whatever anyone writes about.
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I Googled Edamames in the morning and now the All-natural Estroven ad is here :laugh:
    And I can save $3 yooohoooo. Like I need the Estroven already :sad: (maybe soon, not now) :laugh:
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I must say that I have not noticed any. Except that big banana. I must be so into what everyone has to say on here that my eyes are just on what I am reading and entering on my food list. However... Try and ignore it all if you can, because no matter how annoying or un-motivational it is... it's because of this that we are getting this site for FREE. I can hardly believe that something so good for us is free.. Most people would be making money off of this. So to the people who started this FREE site I thank you from the bottom of my heart. THANK YOU and ((((((BIG HUGS))))))