Hope to be smoke free

Options
Howdy all,

If you can help me I would be so thankful. I have a very infected tooth and bronchitis. I thought that this would be a perfect time to quit smoking. I am sure they will pull my tooth and would have to quit anyway. I have my cravings, but trying hard to fight the temptation. The last time I quit smoking was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I was smoke free for a very long time, but then I started about 5 months later. There was no good reason why, never is but I smoked that cigarette and then smoked some more.

I really hope to fight this one this time... I am trying hard. I can not chew the nicotine gum I have because of my TMJ pain on top of the infected tooth pain.

Any suggestions could help. I appreciate your time to read this blog.

Thank you!

Replies

• spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Howdy all,

If you can help me I would be so thankful. I have a very infected tooth and bronchitis. I thought that this would be a perfect time to quit smoking. I am sure they will pull my tooth and would have to quit anyway. I have my cravings, but trying hard to fight the temptation. The last time I quit smoking was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I was smoke free for a very long time, but then I started about 5 months later. There was no good reason why, never is but I smoked that cigarette and then smoked some more.

I really hope to fight this one this time... I am trying hard. I can not chew the nicotine gum I have because of my TMJ pain on top of the infected tooth pain.

Any suggestions could help. I appreciate your time to read this blog.

Thank you!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon certs helped me tremendously!!!!! I hope you feel better soon & good luck with quitting.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    just think how much better you'll feel not having to pay for those cigs and smelling like smoke and not having to worry when there's a non smoking area - you don't have to worry about finding somewhere to go smoke

Just think of those poor people who are slaves to cigs - but you your free no more for you

acutally - Alan Carr the easy way to quit smoking - that's how I did it I smoked for 28 years
    2 packs a day
  • bbright53
    Options
    I had really good luck with the patch. Just make sure you do all the step downs for as long as they tell you. Then before you have a cigarette have long talk with yourself and decide whether or not you really want it.

I quit almost 4 years ago (I'd smoked for 35 years) there were a few times that I've really come close to having one, but if nothing else I just stall for time and tell myself that I can have one "tomorrow" if I really need to.