Gym playlist

Options
Looking for some new music to listen to at the gym. Cardio usually consists of rap. Weezy, three 6, lil Jon and the like. The beats keep my tempo and the lyrics just kind of drive me. Resistance is just a shuffle.

What's on your playlist?

Replies

• michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Disturbed "down with the sickness" at the start of the last 7 mins of a 45 min program. really gets me back in focus and momentum up to finish strong.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears, Kei$ha, Lady Gaga, and Rhianna all have good dance beats that keep me motivated on the tread mill!
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a metalhead, also quite into punky stuff, and the heavier end of modern indie music.

Recently I have been working out to the sounds of some old school Offspring, from Ixnay On The Hombre album. The speed of it really gets me going.
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Contagious by Boys Like Girls is fantastic
    Kung Fu Fighting Remix by Fatboy Slim
    Get Me Bodied by Beyonce
    All American Nightmare by Hinder
    Welcome to Oblivion by Madina Lake
    Shut Up and Kiss Me by Orianthi

If you like Rihanna, Britney and Lady Gaga, try Girls Aloud or Sugarbabes. Also Cheryl Cole's Promise This or anything by Mynt.

Those are some of my favourites to bust out to.
  • georgiam03
    Options
    for cardio I stick to hip-hop as well...
    I have created a playlist of best of (more late 90s, early 2000) Busta Rhymes, Biggie, A Tribe Called Quest, Jay-Z (hard beats), 50's first album, and then BEP- lots of songs from each album (upbeat). I always like to end it with Kanye's Jesus Walks and Never Let me Down.

It's different when I bike though, I don't go as hard, more r&b, soul, jazz, but I also always have to read when I bike to distract myself....

Cheers!!!
  • GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am even now, on the net hunting down a (free) copy of The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout -- if you've heard Stars On 45 it's that style -- I heard it playing in a mall store on a iPod docked to one of these concert-sound components for sale these days -- I went and looked at the iPod & sure enough, the display showed the album title. I will make it available via a file-hosting site, and post the link here so those who wish can d/l it and transfer to mp3 player, burn to disc etc. Keep an eye on my posts.

gypsy
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Yeah I found for me that metal is good for really strenuous resistance like when I'm squatting or deadlifting heavy. Sometimes if I'm focused enough I'll even put on some classical (upbeat like Requiem) or Pavarotti. Other times that just makes me dull.

I can honestly say I have never listened to brittney or Kesha while running but hey, I'm open-minded haha.

"Monster"by Kanye, "Stay Fly"by Three 6, and "B.O.B."by Outkast really push my cardio
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    I'll see if I can find it tonight. Oh yeah and Matisyahu. The rappin' rabbi gets my BPM up haha
  • Dancinhiphop4life
    Options
    im like you....hiphop all the way while doin cardio. here are some of my favs:

Pleasure p (feat lil john) - 1 more drink
    Casely(feat. lil john and Machel Montano) - Sweat
    Pitbull - get freaky
    Omarion - I get it in
    LMFAO and lil john - get outta your mind
    LMFAO and lil john - shots
    Chris brown - Tear it up
    Baby bash (feat pitbull) - outta control
    Usher - more
    Usher (feat pitbull) - Dj got us fallin in love
    enrique iglesias (feat ludacris) - Tonight im lovin you

Hopefully you dont have all of these so u now can get some new ones
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I use Pod Runner for cardio if not I just have my I pod on shuffle
  • apertuis
    apertuis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking Kid Cudi, Daft Punk (especially their own remixes), Chiddy Bang, Justice, and Girl Talk. Kid Cudi and Chiddy Bang with the rhythmic rap, Justice and Girl Talk for the dance/techno (with lyrics) kind of stuff.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Contagious by Boys Like Girls is fantastic
    Kung Fu Fighting Remix by Fatboy Slim
    Get Me Bodied by Beyonce
    All American Nightmare by Hinder
    Welcome to Oblivion by Madina Lake
    Shut Up and Kiss Me by Orianthi

If you like Rihanna, Britney and Lady Gaga, try Girls Aloud or Sugarbabes. Also Cheryl Cole's Promise This or anything by Mynt.

Those are some of my favourites to bust out to.

Girls Alou, Britney, and Robyn are my "go to" for gym music! Oh, and I replay Cheryl Cole "Promise This" OVER AND OVER!!
  • Dangle52
    Dangle52 Posts: 144
    Options
    Anything up tempo ad a good beat.
  • lgerweck
    lgerweck Posts: 18
    Options
    Check out the app FitRadio .... it's kind of like Pandora but it plays upbeat music. Personally I'm a fan of the dubstep station.

Other than that - most of my playlist is hip hop as well:

Strange Clouds - B.o.B.
    Magic - B.o.B.
    Dance - Big Sean
    3 - Britney Spears
    Till the World Ends - Britney Spears
    Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
    Look at me Now - Chris Brown
    Calabria 2007 - Enur ft. Natasja
    Good Feeling - Flo Rida
    Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
    N*ggas in Paris - Jay Z and Kanye
    Monster - Jay Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Kanye
    E.T. - Katy Perry
    Bulletproof - La Roux
    6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne
    Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
    Enter the Machine - PANTyRAiD
    Go Girl - Pitbull
    Krazy - Pitbull
    We Found Love - Rihanna
    That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
    More - Usher
    Black and Yellow - Wiz Khalifa
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

Sorry if this is excessive...I'm bored at work haha.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Looking for some new music to listen to at the gym. Cardio usually consists of rap. Weezy, three 6, lil Jon and the like. The beats keep my tempo and the lyrics just kind of drive me. Resistance is just a shuffle.

What's on your playlist?

The soundtrack to "Run, Lola, Run" is a frequent playlist for my workouts when I'm doing cardio.
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    Search for "workout" on 8tracks.com. Or use their iPhone app!