Tummy Tire - Tips on getting rid of it!

Options
As I turn 40, I realize that my tire is harder and harder to get rid of. Any tips that you feel really help with this? I am looking for any help??????

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD called 10 minute solution - Blast Off Belly Fat. I got it from Amazon UK but its an American instructor so I should think you could easily get it it.

It has 5 x 10min workouts which you can do one, some or all of it. I have a long way to go before I see results; but it does seem a good workout.
  • ramseyrose
    Options
    What does bump mean that I keep seeing?
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Salad!!!! It seems like clean eating is most important in your abs. I'm doing a program called RevAbs right now (90 day's of abs!). Not only is it exercise videos, but talks about not having alcohol and keeping foods to greens and lean protein.

Also, you have to incorporate cardio into your ab work. Just doing crunches won't cut it. They may strengthen your core but you need the cardio aspect to help get the excess fat off.
  • mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had the same question about "bump". I guess that it is a way for someone to get into the discussion to follow it without having a contribution at this time. It means a person has found value to the discussion - they want to 'listen in' without having a current addition to it.
  • bigpinkshoes
    Options
    No, I can explain what BUMP means.

Each time a post (or thread) is replied to, it's "bumped up" to the top of the list. Sometimes people will help a question be up front at the top, so people will be sure to see it, by replying with a bump. It's just to bump it up to the top! Otherwise questions can get pushed back pretty quickly and never seen.

I would love to hear good tummy tire tips too. I look like I'm 9 months pregnant.
  • ramseyrose
    Options
    Also, you have to incorporate cardio into your ab work. Just doing crunches won't cut it.

The DVD incorporates cardio too.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    No, I can explain what BUMP means.

Each time a post (or thread) is replied to, it's "bumped up" to the top of the list. Sometimes people will help a question be up front at the top, so people will be sure to see it, by replying with a bump. It's just to bump it up to the top! Otherwise questions can get pushed back pretty quickly and never seen.

I would love to hear good tummy tire tips too. I look like I'm 9 months pregnant.

Bump will put the topic into your "My Topics" section, so that you can come back to it when you have more time. Or if you want to follow what people respond. It makes it easier to find in your "My topics"
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI! My boss is a triathete and she read the book "clean" and he recommends plain avocado. It is not only good for ridding bad toxins from the body but the stomach as well! I am going to try that with my smoothies and see how it works! Best wishes!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Also, you have to incorporate cardio into your ab work. Just doing crunches won't cut it.

The DVD incorporates cardio too.

I wasn't knocking your workout :) I say that mostly because I see clients spend tons of money on an ab roller or something, or tell me they've done 100 crunches a day and aren't getting results. Most people don't realize that you have to have cardio to work your abs. Also, good back exercises help. Since your back supports your abs, and vice versa, everything should be strong.
  • britia1
    britia1 Posts: 21
    Options
    Same here! I'm 41 and have been working out consistantly since January. I am visibly more muscular in the arm and legs. However, my core (back and stomach) is still as fat as it was when I started. I do drink quite a bit of beer, so I'm thinking that may be my problem. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the replies.

~Brigid
  • annpat28
    annpat28 Posts: 42
    Options
    bump
  • thirdeye11
    Options
    To those asking what "bump" means...

When a new post gets added to a topic (aka thread) it moves to the top of the list. When a topic gets inactive or stale, of course it will begin to drop down the new post list as other topics get posted to. When someone "bumps" a topic, they simply want to see more activity and by posting "bump" they can move the thread to the top again but may not have anything to add personally at that time.

Cheers,
    Chad
  • JJDGraz
    JJDGraz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If only we could get avocados for less than a buck each.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a weighted hula hoop (i think it's like 3.5-4 pounds) and it's a great ab and cardio workout! Also running/jogging is really good for abs. Good luck!
  • Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I got into running my waistline dramatically reduced. If you can work up to 1/2 hour run 3 times a week or so I'll bet you'll see results in the stomach area.