Helpfull apps to assist with diet/excersize

Options
Recently, one of my MFP friends(THANK_YOU!!) suggested the Footsteps app to me for tracking distance, cals, speed of walks and jogs which I found very useful. But got me thinking, WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING!?!? I surely dont have the time for browsing through all the 10000000 apps available in the iTunes store!! So if anybody has anymore suggestions to share with everyone that would so uber awesome and helpfull!!

THANK-YOU!!!

Replies

• Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I downloaded one awhile back from iTunes called iTreadmill.
  • RMX983
    RMX983 Posts: 34
    Options
    runkeeper is great for tracking distance, pace, etc. It also has a website.

All for free. Great stuff.
  • kswizzy
    kswizzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun has one... i LOVE it
  • tekbro
    tekbro Posts: 7
    Options
    For Droid phones I use RideTrac. Location, speed, distance. Clunky but works.
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You're quite welcome!!! I like where you're going with this, love to know more for myself too! Thanks for the post, can't wait to read the replies!
  • springstorm
    Options
    runkeeper is great for tracking distance, pace, etc. It also has a website.

All for free. Great stuff.

I LOVE Runkeeper. I downloaded it a month ago but never really used it until a few days ago. It's great if you're training for a 5k or something because I helps you learn pacing.

I also use C25K (the icon is a green man running and 5K in the bottom right corner). It's $1.99 I think, but totally worth it. It has each week and day mapped out for you. You can add your own playlist from iTunes and it'll play that while dinging in to tell you when to walk or run. You can still use other apps on your phone at the same time (like Runkeeper) and text during your walks if you need to. It'll still ding when it's time to walk or run.

If you use the website dailymile (it's a running website where you can log your miles, time, routes, etc.) they have an app called Electric Miles which is good for keeping up with that.

The last one that I love is called Waterlogged. It's free, and it helps you remember to drink water throughout the day. It'll pop up a notification if you haven't logged water for a few hours. You can take pictures of the bottles/cups you normally drink out of and it saves those as defaults, so for example I drink out of this 24 oz. pink water bottle. I can click the picture of the water bottle and it automatically adds 24 oz. to my daily consumption. It's really great because I can eat healthy and I can exercise, but I ALWAYS forget to drink water.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Bump...Need to read this when I get home!
  • hanni23
    hanni23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey,

On droid phones...i use an app called cardiotrainer. It maps my walks using google maps, gives time, distance, calories and speed - it seems to be pretty accurate. You can also get add-ins for it that monitor weight loss and calories(tho I found the calorie one to be far too inaccurate for me)