Down 70 lbs since Oct 10, Figured how to post ticker

Options
seadog1
seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
Well I figured out how to get ticker on here, so far this this has been my most sucessful diet. I realized I must be a carb ad****, so guess I will be here for life.

Problem::
Carbohydrate addiction is caused by an imbalance - an over release of the hormone, insulin, when carbohydrate-rich foods are eaten. Among its many jobs, insulin signals the body to take in food (it has been called the "hunger hormone") and, once the food is consumed, signals the body to store the food energy in the form of fat. Too much insulin results in too strong an impulse to eat, too often, and a body that too readily stores food in the form of fat.

I lowered the custom feature on MFP to 35 percent of normal carbs, and I dont have desire to over eat. I worked up to useing treadmill to hour day while reading kindle (can change size of print). Found 3.5 MPH little fast, went to 3 MPH differance only 450 to 400 calories.. I usually have snack 3 times a day, usually half cup of low fat ice cream or half cup of pischios nuts with shells. Love corn beef and cabbage. Lot of strawberries this time year,,(remember you can deduct dietary fiber from carbs.) Have lost 70 lbs in six months, Blood Pressure Down, Sugar Down, damm I feel so good its incredible. I just rode my bike six miles down and back to the Pier for breakfast. Will head for the pool this after noon.

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well done, thats a great achievement
  • AAboulhosn
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!! 70 lbs since October is nothing to scoff about!! You should be really proud of yourself!!! It's nice to hear how great you feel about yourself. That's what it's all about!!! Keep it up and good luck to you!! :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Wow, excellent job!! [=
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    great job! nice info on the carb addiction, i didnt know all that :)
  • efry200894
    Options
    Inspiring post ... have a similar set of targets set for myself ... so good news to see that people are achieving it.

Been going since the beginning of the year - and lost 1 stone 11 lbs so far ... not losing every week - but I'm having to do a fair amount of work travel at the moment which makes it difficult. No excuses though ... gotta' keep going :-)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great summary on the carb piece! And congrats on your great success!!!
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats and thanks for sharing.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I dont lose every week, hit plateaus, especially when traveling, then I usually just watch the carbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!