anyone else who finds this hard

Options
I am finding everything really hard at the minute and I am looking for some other people who are sturggling so we can support each other through it because although I LOVE my friends I have on here I just feel like they're all doing so well and I'm the only one screwing up :cry:

So if anyone wants a bit of support from someone who is trying to make it work feel free to add me & we can make it through together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    I feel you...I did so well when I started last June, but since September I have gained almost everything I lost. I have decided to start over today and do my best. That is all I can do.
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do. I also feel like everyone else is sooo much more dedicated and doing so well. I feel like I get on the right track then BAM something screws it up. I haven't given up hope and I'm still determined!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know this is not what you asked for but I recommend that you keep up with your friends who are doing well if your goal is to emulate what they have accomplished. Good luck with your journey.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What I've found helpful is trying to work on one goal at a time. When I first started here, I was just logging what I ate that first week.

Every week or so I try to focus on a different goal. Preparing more food at home, getting fruit into my meals, adding veggies, cutting out more processed stuff, etc. If I tried to do everything at once I'd be completely overwhelmed and discouraged.

Maybe that would help you too?
  • veggeslady
    Options
    I am so with you on this one. I have been suck at the same weight forever and then gained due to being a woman. I am working out 6 days a week but the nutrition is the hardest part!! Good Luck!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I go through these phases. Like everyone, I was all gun-ho ready to rock when I started and I lost weight. 2nd month was very hard but whenever I wanted to quit, I come on here and I type up a blog or just moan and whine on this...this month is proven to be even more difficult with going back to work thrown in. It is so difficult to stay motivated especially when you've gained and lost and gained and lost, sometimes that goes on for weeks! But sadly, the only way to get through this hurdle is to actually just suck it up and do it. I'm not one of those people that will tell you, 'exercise is great! Counting calories is awesome!' No, I am not that person...but I can only tell you you will feel great in the end and whilst it is hard to see that far, you have to visualize it.

I took pictures from when I started and every 30 days I take updated photos. Now, whenever I want to just drop everything and give up, I go back and read my blog and see the photos and see how far I have become. All I can say is don't give up, don't throw in the towel, you'll feel better for it in the very end. =)
  • getson2010
    getson2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was super motivated at first, and then the idea of the amount that I needed to lose, and how long it would take finally sunk in. I have to lose, every week, for two years before I reach my goal weight. I changed my goal, just to lose twenty pounds, but that is still 20 weeks. Nearly half a year. My husband keeps saying, "Well, you didn't put the weight on that fast, so you can't expect to lose it that fast." He is trying to be helpful and supportive, and I love him for it, but he just doesn't get it. Sometimes I wonder why I keep trying. Then, I remember a wise phrase by a wonderful friend of mine. She said, "Motivation follows action." So, the more actions that I take to lose weight, the more likely I'll be motivated to keep trying. I've lost four pounds. I've worked hard to lose that four pounds, and by golly, I'm not going to do anything to screw it up. I have stubborness on my side. While that may not be a good trait sometimes, in this case, it is.
  • Dancinhiphop4life
    Options
    Im with you girlie. Ive been on here for 2 weeks now and have already had an oops day. So i am now dedicated to this site. To keep myself motivated i read a couple of success stories....the ones with progress pics in particular....to show myself that if they can do it, i can too. I keep telling myself its going to take a good amount of time but usually all good things do. We can totally do this together!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI! I know your issue! I have to give some effort everyday just to record, but I do it! I believe that the support and motivation is what keeps me going at times. The hard part for me is reording when I do something that I did not want to eat! So hang in there and you can add me as a friend and we wuill work this together, one day and pound at a time! Best wishes!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I usually have some incredible self-control skills, but this past weekend I over-indulged and now I feel like crap! I feel bloated and overall uncomfortable. So I totally feel you! I'll friend you and we can help each other overcome this sudden struggle.
  • MrsCC2be
    MrsCC2be Posts: 5
    Options
    Im definately with you! Im dieting for my wedding next year and its not going well. I have been trying hard to stick to it but when I dont see the results I lose all my motivation and in creeps the fatty foods and lazy days again! I bought my dress las year (wedding is not until March 2012) and when I bought it it was a great fit, if not maybe a little on the big side. I tried it again yesterday and at one point I thought it was going to be too tight! Thankfully it wasnt but I certainly had lumps and bumps in places id rather not! :(
    Im desperately in need of some help and encouragement, im sure we can all do this together ;-) xx
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean...my 1st couple of weeks went great but now I'm yo-yoing, so is my appetite! The main thing is to stick with it even if you have to take a day off. We also have to take into consideration that as women, our weight fluctuates like crazy sometimes and it takes awhile for it to get back to normal...I'm one of those people that will do great one day and the next I'm either waaaay over or waaaay under my goal. This journey will have its ups and downs and trials and errors but don't let it make you give up because you're not the only one...we all do it,:wink: but the goal is possible if we make up our minds to just 'make up for the slip-ups' and keep going from there...feel free to add me if you like...we can do this!!!:wink::wink:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Just to reassure you that everyone feels that way. Even though I am close to goal, every single day is a challenge. I think the whole point is that most people on this site have food issues (me included) which is always going to be a battle in my life.

You have made the right decision to do something about it and if you choose your MFP friends carefully they will support you through it.

Good luck!