Anyone else feel this way????

Options
I have found that if I "cheat", it makes me more hungry. For instance, yesterday I made a new recipe that I found called Santa Fe Chicken Casserole. It was only 400 calories per serving. However, the sodium was off the chart because I didn't find no-sodium diced tomatoes. So I felt so guilty, and I worked out harder, burning 370 calories in 50 minutes. But my problem isn't the calories its the sodium. I was still hungry, because I had only netted 1000 calories for the day. How do I fix this issue????

Replies

• Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sodium is EVIL! It wreaks havoc on me big time! Water is your bff to combat it. DRINK LOTS!
  • BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    Eat more, 1200 is the minimum to be consumed try something high in protein!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Drink extra water to help with the having too much sodium, but basically ignore it. Your body needs the calories, so it should take priority - not sodium.
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try a handful of nuts and or grapes when you get hungry, depending on how many calories you have left. Cut up strawberries with light whipped topping are great too!
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am currently drinking anywhere from 10-14 glasses of water a day!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    There are some foods that are naturally high in sodium, cooked tomatoes are one. Even without added salt canned tomato products are very high on the sodium. After all a tomato is mostly water, and once you take out the water everything else is concentrated down....lots of tomatoes inside a can or bottle of sauce!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I was still hungry, because I had only netted 1000 calories for the day. How do I fix this issue????
    You have answered your own question. You are not hungry because you "cheated." You are hungry because you are not eating enough. That's why you are still hungry. Please listen to your body.