MFP Runners Club 10-9

Where is everyone??? I hope you are out running. :smile:

I was supposed to run with my group today and I over slept. I did go out and track down the walkers of the group. I walked for about a mile then we did a slow shuffle (almost like speed walking for me) for the next 2.4 miles. It wasn't quite the workout I wanted but I didn't give up and go home because I needed to be out there. Tomorrow is another day and another day for running. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Where is everyone??? I hope you are out running. :smile:

I was supposed to run with my group today and I over slept. I did go out and track down the walkers of the group. I walked for about a mile then we did a slow shuffle (almost like speed walking for me) for the next 2.4 miles. It wasn't quite the workout I wanted but I didn't give up and go home because I needed to be out there. Tomorrow is another day and another day for running. Have a great day everyone.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I went to spinning this morning and I'm running tonight
  • Ran 2.8 miles yesterday. Working toward a 5K.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,313 Member
    Sherry: Good for you for at least doing something, and not just pulling the covers up and giving up for the day. And, I admire your attitude-tomorrow is another day.

Areray (I don't think I spelled that right!) You are a very busy gal. I admire your commitment!

Best of luck working up to a 5K. You are SO close!

A nice 4 miler for me today. I am beginning to feel the muscles I used in my arms last night. Love the burn :happy:

Happy running-or any exercise-to all of you.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good afternoon:flowerforyou:

Just got home from a 7 mile tempo run. Ran 1 easy paced mile to warm up. Then, ran 5 miles "comfortably hard". Followed by another easy paced mile to cool down.

Now I'm enjoying a nice tall glass of low fat chocolate milk!:drinker: I read in Runner's World magazine that low fat chocolate milk is an excellent recovery drink after a hard workout.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member

Now I'm enjoying a nice tall glass of low fat chocolate milk!:drinker: I read in Runner's World magazine that low fat chocolate milk is an excellent recovery drink after a hard workout.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I love chocolate milk. Now I have a good reason to drink it more often. Thanks. Kechie.:bigsmile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Good afternoon:flowerforyou:

Just got home from a 7 mile tempo run. Ran 1 easy paced mile to warm up. Then, ran 5 miles "comfortably hard". Followed by another easy paced mile to cool down.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

So is beer... yum!! :happy:

Yesterday was 4 miles and today is a cross-training day! Good luck everyone.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Did four miles this morning. I should have read the posts sooner and went for some chocolate milk!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I'm about to leave for a 4 mile run. I'm a little tired tonight and I have been nauseas all day, even to the point where I rushed to the bathroom between classes...I haven't gotten sick but I just feel bleh. :sick: I may do a 3 miler, although I'll probably get to 3 miles and be like 'Come on you wimp!' and keep going :laugh: Then I'm hitting the gym for arm day.