Any other married couples on the site?

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
My Husband and I are both active members of MFP and on this journey together. We find it helpful to both be doing this, and also we both track our food etc. I wonder if there are many other couples who are both regular users? I know of a couple of ladies who's Husbands are on here as members, but don't do it on a regular basis. Anyone else find it useful as a 'couple' thing?

Replies

• NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Yep me and the OH are both on here, trying to do this thing right and together :smile:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm on here and he just asks me to count up everything he eats randomly. He eats like crap and goes to the gym. It kills me that he loses weight that way and I struggle to lose myself. As well as struggle to get him to eat right and work out with me.
  • karenjoy
    Options
    Fabulous! How are you getting on with it? Do you find it helps both being on here? Do you have a different experience using the site? I know my Husband likes the games threads. We both find that using the site has helped us learn about food, portion sizing and calories etc
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, my hubby is on here :)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi, I am actually the only active one on here, but my husband sees me use this everyday. His counts are a lot higher, so he kind of gets the idea of how much more he can have; especially since he works out. Even though my husband doesn't use this site, we are in this thing together. :bigsmile: He eats the healthier meals I cook for us & we work out together at the gym almost everyday! It is so much easier with him along with me!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Yes! My husband and I just started MFP after giving up on the new WW system. So far, it's working well! And now we can see what both of us are eating and try to help one another. I love it because he is my biggest supporter and I couldn't do it without him. 70 pounds lost with his help. Here's to at least 70 more.
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Fabulous! How are you getting on with it? Do you find it helps both being on here? Do you have a different experience using the site? I know my Husband likes the games threads. We both find that using the site has helped us learn about food, portion sizing and calories etc

I really enjoy it, I love the fact I can put my own recipes in and it works it all out for me :happy:

He just tends to log and doesn't use the forums/blogs like I do. But it definitely helps having each other for support!

Btw, we're not married but we might as well be lol.
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    my hubby and I are in this together!
  • kabullard
    kabullard Posts: 41
    Options
    my hubby and I are on here together....it helps TREMENDOUSLY to do it together! We're able to hold each other accountable and make wiser choices as a couple!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife has an account, but yesterday was the first time she's logged in since September. Since I cook, she has been eating better by association. She never realized that I was giving her smaller meal portions until I told her.
  • mingermany
    Options
    I WISH my husband would join this site. He sees me logging foods and blogging on my other site and thinks i'm insane.
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    yup, my hubby and I are on here together! It's been fantastic because he understands and helps to encourage me and I do the same for him.
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both on as well. I use the site more fully than he does but we are both really happy with it. With food tracking and a little exercise we both lost 15 lbs in 7 weeks. :happy:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both on the site as well. I love doing this together, as we can support eachother when we are feeling down and also we are both aware of what we are eating now and always figure the calories on a meal. It's so helpeful for us both to be on the same page.

Right now he just uses the site to track his calories, but loves that part of it
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    My husband joined around the first of the year. He has lost a bunch by counting calories. He recommends the site to everyone who asks about his weight-loss, but of course most people don't join, they wanted to here he'd found a wonder drug or some other easy way to lose weight. It's cool having him on the same journey as me, but he still gets to eat so much more, it's hard for me. Better than if he was eating "normally", but still hard.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My wife started on the site, so I decided to join too. I definately helps, we're on the same page at meals and can discuss what we are doing as we go along.
  • karenjoy
    Options
    Excellent to hear so many people find it as useful and motivating to do this as a 'couple' thing. :flowerforyou:

I also recomend this site to people who comment on my loss, but like givprayz says, most people want to hear that I did it in some easy quick fix way and their eyes glaze over at the thought of counting calories and actually DOING something......lol :noway:
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are in this together. It really helps, even though he's allowed alot more calories than I am.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I started here first a while ago but never really got anywhere with it.... then my husband joined and the weight started falling off him and I got mad and started logging everything and am seeing the results I have been wanting for years. This site has brought us closer and living a happier and much healthier life.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    haha, well my husband is on here, but he refuses to be my friend (or anyone's) He's just not social and could care less about that part of this site. :tongue: Oh well!