my scale does not move

Options
Hi Everyone

Started myfitnesspal 2weeks back I dont see a change in the weight, has that happened to anyone else and will it get better. It took me 7 year and I have been on and off diet, from nutri system to weightwatcher, I have lost and gained weight. This time I really want that change to happen, my 5year old sone come to me and says mom I want you to be smaller can you be smaller. And I said yes, I will have to work hard and do this.

Replies

• tiombe1969
    Options
    Yes I thought the same when i first started you have to exercise and eat right. That was very hard for me but once you get use to eat there will be no stopping you. Also you must drink 8 glasses of water man so far i try to get at least 2 glasses in because that is very hard for me right now.
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lose very slowly too. I'm eating 1200 cals a day and working out 4 times a week. I only lose a little less than 1/2 lb. a week. Who knows why? Stick with it, eventually your scale will move.
  • preeti1234
    preeti1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies, water has been a big issue, before I never used to drink water it was diet coke or coffee. I feel that is the most diffcult part to do. Now I am up to 4 glasses atleast.
  • MNbooklady
    Options
    Hi - yes, I am right there with the rest. Slowly moving scale. From what I understand and have read, it does have a lot to do with intake on water. So make sure to exercise, even 5 minutes is better than none at all - watch your fat intake, count your calories and definitely DRINK WATER! If you get your water in, it should help push that scale in the right direction. Good luck! :)
  • barbpet55
    barbpet55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Watch your calorie intake, exercise and make sure you are getting enough protein throughout the day. Hang in there, the numbers will go down!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes I thought the same when i first started you have to exercise and eat right. That was very hard for me but once you get use to eat there will be no stopping you. Also you must drink 8 glasses of water man so far i try to get at least 2 glasses in because that is very hard for me right now.

I agree - as long as you are eating right and exercising just stick with it! It is all about consistency. For me though changing my workout helps or kicking up the intensity. Keep with it!