New to this site and looking for friends.

Options
Hello! I am new to this site and I like it a lot. I have been struggling with my weight for a long time now. There isnt much support around me. People think that just because I am tall (5'11") and I carry it well...that it is ok to be overweight. I dont agree with this...yes I will always be heavier than someone who is shorter than me...doesnt make it ok to be 230lbs. My boyfriend has a bigger weight problem and even though I know he loves me and supports me I feel pressure every day to eat like him. Not his fault. I also dont have much money right now so a lot of the healthier foods arent always there for me. I buy the healthy stuff when I can but when they are gone all that is left is my boyfriend and roomates foods which arent on the healthy side. I get very frustrated. I wish I could clean out the house of all temptations but that is not an option for me. I came on this forum to look for some support and friendship from some people with a healthier lifestyle. Maybe friendships that could go on (I have had some that talk to me on facebook a few times then dissapear). Maybe we could check in with eachother every few days. Be a little support for eachother. And if your local we could even work out together sometimes...or not. This is a bit of a vent session and a bit of a cry for help. I dont blame anybody else for my weight problems. I just wish I had some more understanding people around me.

Replies

• vampirecat143
    vampirecat143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh...my name is Angie.
  • jobooboo1
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. I am new to the site too. i need support and friends too. good luck!!
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I am 6 feet tall and have a large frame, so yes..I'll always weigh more than petite 5' tall women...but my problem has always been the opposite as yours! I went to weight watchers and they told me my goal weight was 130..I laughed! There's just no way!!! I don't even WANT to be 130!!!!

As far as being surrounded by bad foods...just remind yourself that every potato chip, candy bar, etc etc will make it harder for you to meet your goal!!!!

You are more than welcome to add me as a friend for support!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Which country are you in? I ask because I know a few cheap healthy things you can find in the UK. Lidl lentil soup, or supermarket own-brand high-baked water biscuits and houmous, or a huge bag of frozen veggies from tescoes (cost about a pound, lasts forever)...
  • vampirecat143
    vampirecat143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much but I am in the U S.
  • jebfab2612
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! If you want support f eel free to friend me :)
    5248 Posts: 8
    Options
    Ill be your friend. I too need support and help. Im 5'2" and weigh 173! Yikes..I weigh way to much. Lets check in every few days. and I live in Indiana. Where do you live?