Help! I need new tunes!

Options
I've spent the last year in Small Town, Alaska, which is completely devoid of a radio station that plays anything new. As a result, I'm pretty out of touch with the modern music scene and everything on my Jogging play list is at least a year old.

The ice is finally starting to melt off the jogging trail, so I'd like to start again - but I need some new tunes to really get me through my run.

What songs do you love to run or work out to that have come out in the last year or so? I like rock, alternative, pop, and a little bit of country. I dislike songs where the vocalist starts screaming instead of singing.

An example of some songs from my current playlist include:

Airplanes (B.o.B.)
Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Say Hey (Michael Franti)
Stuck Like Glue (Sugarland)
TiK ToK (Ke$ha) ...ok, SO tired of this song but it has a good beat for jogging.

New suggestions, please!!!

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Here is a cool website that might help:

http://www.jogtunes.com/
  • ssawchenko
    Options
    I know what gets me moving is electronic music (mostly drum and bass music)... the fast beats per minute gets my heart pounding even sitting still! I'm not sure if it will suit your tastes, but you can always give it a try!

I've ran 10km runs to the group Pendulum and my current fav to listen to is Netsky. There are also many free podcasts that feature different DJs. The "Hospital Podcast" is always on my iPod at work.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi--I am not sure we have the same taste but the ones I keep going back to over and over lately ( I guess they would be considered indie/alternative) are:

the new Decemberist's album--The King is Dead. 1st few songs are fantastic, whole album too.

Frightened Rabbit--the Midnight Organ Fight--I always put this one on if I'm feeling slack and need to get pumped up.

Son Volt --any of the albums works well for me too although a little more low key, alterna-country-ish

Delta Spirit too--History from Below.

Mumford and Sons, Sign no More.

Do you have an ipod? If so you should download the NPR Music App--they have tons of streams where you can listen to/discover new bands, hear concerts, etc. May give you a little inspiration. Also KEXP out of Seattle has a few podcasts/steams for discovering music too. You can stream all these from your computer too if no ipod.....

Good luck!
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga all the way! lol. Try The Go! Team. Or The Gossip.
  • Mickeylynn
    Options
    I am also looking for music to workout to. I finally got me an mp3 player but now have no music for it. So anything would be helpful to me.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    "monster" by Kanye West
    "30 minutes to new Orleans" by lil Wayne
    "booty bounce" by deb
    "yes"by lmfao
    "bounce"by lmfao
    "intervention"by arcade fire
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options