New and want to succeed!

Options
After years and years of skipping meals and dealing with weight issues, I decided I needed to do something about it. Although I watch what I eat and try to exercise at least 3 times a week...the weight was just not coming off. I know that I'm not faithful to eating 3 meals a day and that that has a lot to do with it, so my sister told me about this site and I love that I have a way to capture what I am and what I'm not eating. I have type 2 diabetes and really want to get the weight off and control it by diet and exercise instead of the pills and shots. I would love for the weight to fall off, but I know it will take time!

Replies

• AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tinamarie, I'm new, too, and very impressed with this program. My experience has been good so far. It is a fairly simple plan to follow, after spending some time adding food to your food diary and database. Of course, it may be simple to follow but not always easy. What's helped me is to stay busy and don't let food be a focus in my day. I found when I was stressed, I would crave not-good-for-me food (CHOCOLATE!). It does take discipline to eat three healthy meals a day, but it's like any other habit. Once you make it part of your routine, it becomes easier.

Just wanted to say good luck and take it one step at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • Cloud_Dancer
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! I've not been here long, but I LOVE this site! Makes dieting so much easier when you can keep track of everything!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am new here too. Welcome! My name is Amy.

I too have struggled with being the same weight (+/- 8 lbs) for the last few years, even when I exercise regularly. I'll send you a friend request.

I used to skip meals and I know that is not good because my body tries to compensate for that by slowing down the metabolism, thus making it even HARDER to lose weight! I support one of the hardest things for me is consistency, but it the key to becoming healthier people.

I wish you loads of luck and support. Glad you listened to your sister.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... I am not sure if I am still considered a Newbie... but you will recieve LOADS of encouragement, support and advice from this site. Read posts, make friends and stick with it.