HI!

Options
Hi everyone. I added the myfitnesspal app on my android phone about two weeks ago, and started really counting my calories so that I can lose weight. This is my first time on the website, and I'm amazed at all of the community blogs. I think that will help me along the way to stick with it. I'm only 21 years old, and have gained about forty pounds in the past two years. I don't know how it happened so fast and I didn't even notice. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week, going from 160 to 120. I'm carefully monitoring my calories, as my app suggests only 1200 calories per day (which is very hard sometimes!) I'm also trying to go to the gym as much as I can to burn off some calories so that I can eat some more calories. My goal is to run a 5k in the next year. I have been doing a Couch to 5K training program, and I'm about halfway through. As for the losing weight, so far so good. I've lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Let's just hope it keeps coming off. I really should take some before and after pictures, and do my measurements as well. Maybe I can do that sometime this week.

It's been really hard for me to go from playing school sports in High School and practicing for 2.5 hours everyday, to not being involved in team sports, and being very busy with school and work. I'm trying to make it a priority to get healthy again. I never should have let myself slip as much as I did. My main thing that I want is to be able to fit in my clothes again! The worst feeling is only being able to wear one pair of my jeans, and even then, I never want to put them in the dryer because then they're harder to get on. I'm excited to see some results, and I'm just hoping to have the discipline to really stick with it. If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated!

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! Looks like you are off to a fantastic start! When you get frustrated , tell everyone, so we can help! I do the same thing that you do ...I excercise so I can eat more. And just realize that it's not a deal buster to eat more than those 1200 calories. MFP created a good defecit for you so even if you go slightly over...it is still a defecit. You will keep losing ! Once again..Welcome to the site!
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal. This is a very friendly site and helpful too. Use it if you need us.
  • blakkandi
    blakkandi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I joined the site last week. I also added it on my ipod . I love this site. It helps keep me accountable
  • soccerlyss08
    soccerlyss08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your encouragement :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, and good luck on your journey, i started off with similar weight to you (158 now 124, id like to get down to 122/120). if i can do it, you can! feel free to add me if you want :)