I'm freaking out

Options
We had a work meeting last night, talked about things we need to do better or things that aren't being done at all. Today is only my 3rd day and I'm so scared I'm gonna screw up! Ahhh!

Replies

• KristenAnn711
    Options
    I can't get over this anxiety.
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    Not sure about where you work or what your doing? That seems perfectly normal to me? they can't expect perfection right off the bat can they? They want to inform u guys what they do expect and want out of ya? Try to relax I'm sure it should all work out!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Not sure about where you work or what your doing? That seems perfectly normal to me? they can't expect perfection right off the bat can they? They want to inform u guys what they do expect and want out of ya? Try to relax I'm sure it should all work out!

im sure it will be fine, but im just so scared that i'm going to screw something up and look stupid.
  • mowrynation
    Options
    Hope that things work out for the Best! God has a plan, no matter what happens. As long as you do your best, that is all that anyone should expect!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    *HUGS* Take a deep breath. Okay.

You're going to be okay. Just keep swimming, as Dori would say. :happy:

(AN: Edited because of a misunderstanding of your original post. :blushing: )
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You know, a little anxiety before starting something important is good. That is what keeps you on the track to doing a good job.....but you don't want too much anxiety. I am sure you are going to do a great job....In no time you will be an pro....all things new are a little scary. Just do your best. That is all anyone can ask for.
  • keilalin
    keilalin Posts: 11
    Options
    its so normal to feel that way when your first starting out, realistically they hired you for a reason. If your unsure just ask someone above you. And if its your 3rd day in...it was def messed up before you got there, you can make it better..
    okay thats my best shot at advice!
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's your 3rd day in, you're expected to screw up! Enjoy it while you can.
    Sad but true, but that's how it's always worked on the giant "learning curve" in the business world. Enjoy it!
    It sounds like it's a screwed up place. Learn from those willing to teach and ask a lot of questions. I like to preface them with "I'm about to ask you a dumb question".
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    It's your 3rd day in, you're expected to screw up! Enjoy it while you can.
    Sad but true, but that's how it's always worked on the giant "learning curve" in the business world. Enjoy it!
    It sounds like it's a screwed up place. Learn from those willing to teach and ask a lot of questions. I like to preface them with "I'm about to ask you a dumb question".

It's not screwed up, but its a big store, and a lot of employees in just one department. So there is going to be things missed, and misunderstandings. It's funny you say 'I'm going to ask a dumb question' because I start off like that all the time haha. Today was a good day :D